This hotel came in as a real blessing during my vacation to China & HKG last year. HKG being notorious for its expensive hotels and safety in SE Asian hotels being a cause of concerns, I was left with the daunting task of choosing a safe hotel for my family vacation which wouldn't eat into my travel budget significantly. I got the reference for this hotel through a friend of mine and till the time I reached the place, I had no clue on what to expect. If the roads leading up to the hotel is any indication of the quality of this place, not many first time travelers would actually "risk" going all the way to see what this hotel has to offer. First time in HKG, we took a cab from Central and the sped away leaving behind the city's sklyine and glitter into this dark part of HKG and I was seriously convinced that I had made a bad choice of staying in the shadiest area of HKG, if there existed one.
Word of advice to all prospective travellers; 1) the hotel runs free regular shuttle service from Central to the hotel whcih you shoudl avail of and 2) there is a lot of construction happening en route which is for the proposed MTR and this is but a minor glitch on what will turn out to be a very good experience thereafter. Lack of MTR connectivity is more than made up for by the regualar drop/pick up on offer from the Hotel to/from hotel to downtown HKG/Central.
The tariff is definitely reasonable by HKG standards though one might be tempted to think it is slightly more expensive than what one has to pay for a similar hotel in SE Asia. But the same applies for almost everything in this expensive city of HKG.
End of our four day stay, my family including my finicky mom and extremely finicky wife were mighty pleased with the place and had nothing to complain about, for a change. I would definitely like to recommend this place for all those family travelers looking for a safe, clean, and reasonable place to stay in HKG. Not elaborating on the other regular aspects like service, food, rooms, etc as all of it is quite standard with no room to complain and are already covered in the other reviews. Cheers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Ctrip TA and Hotwire so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong