A rather soulless sterile hotel with truly dreadful outlook from almost every aspect yet despite that I probably would return. It is well priced, spotlessly clean and staff are friendly and helpful. Their spoken English is not perfect but we managed to glean most information we needed. The 'concierge' on level 4 is a loosely used definition and not what American tourists would expect. The hotel is situated on a busy dual carriageway with no walkable shops or restaurants BUT is very well appointed for busses into most prime areas, 10 mins from Causeway Bay, 5 mins to Happy Valley Races ( a good and cheap night out), close to Ocean Park and ideal for the conference we were attending. Public transport is very cheap especially with an Octopus Card available from Mtr stations and then useable on buses and trams. Taxis are cheap too. The hotel was reached by taxi from Central Station at cost of 95HKD ( 8.00 GBP) so overall location is not a deal breaker and the cost of the room makes up for it. There is a small pool and gym of which I was the only user in November when staff thought I was mad to brave the cool pool water. Refreshing on an overcast humid day.
Breakfast in the hotel is fairly unexciting. All the usual buffet fare but hot food looks as if its been there for ages so give that a miss; otherwise there are usual cereals, bread and pastries. Breakfast is advertised as available until 10.30 but it shuts promptly at ten thirty with food being removed from 10.29!! Waiting staff remind you every 5 mins from 10.15 that breakfast closes at 10.30 and whip any plate,cup or glass away as soon as is possible. Really they mean breakfast is available until ten fifteen and only then if you eat really quickly. We were similarly asked to vacate the hotel bar at 12.30am when we were sitting as a group of a dozen conference delegates sharing a last quiet beer/wine before bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong