On the island, but not. In Aberdeen, on the south shore of Hong Kong Island, with free and regular transportation to several points throughout central Hong Kong, this property has a quiet elegance about it. A top choice if you can book it at a discount to similar luxury properties on the other side of HKI.
Rooms are larger here and nicely appointed, although the clear glass of the shower/bath -- an unwelcome and odd but increasingly common element -- is less than ideal even with the blind that sort of covers it. The beds are, as is common throughout Asia, firm but comfortable with nice linens. Unlike many hotel rooms in Hong Kong, the rooms can easily accommodate a third person.
The pool area, open seasonally, is also a nice touch with the green mountainous backdrop further reinforcing the quiet, but not isolated, nature of the property. The gym has a good selection of equipment and is staffed. Food in the restaurant was consistently good, as was the service there and in the adjacent bar. Both appeared to draw a local clientele and not rely solely on in-house guests.
Depending upon price, and your needs, this hotel has much to offer. High-style, without the attitude or price. And a top-notch staff that always appeared to be there to assist with whatever request or need the guest had.
If you are going to Ocean Park, there is no better destination for a stay as you can easily walk there if you opt to not take the free shuttle. (Should you not be heading to Ocean Park, however, and find yourself at this property on a weekend or around a special event, expect larger groups with children that might not be as well-mannered as the business clientele on the other side of the island.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong