I found this hotel to be odd - I guess because it doesn't feel like a hotel. Other large hotels have some sense of character. This one has no personality at all. It's as though they built an office block, and turned it into a hotel. The entrance and lobby and restaurants are all on different floors.
As others have mentioned the reception staff, while polite and reasonably efficient don't seem to understand the meaning of 'hospitality" i.e. smile, make people feel welcome etc. In this hotel, they feel as though they are processing you into a prison.
Parked near the Taxi lobby are a whole lot of expensive old cars -e.g. vintage Jaguars and even an old Rolls or Bentley - but why are they there? Is it supposed to give a sense of grandeur, does the owner live in a penthouse above the hotel? It's all so incongruous..
As for the rooms - I don't like 1970's wood veneer cupboards and bedsides etc. It's just like an old motel which they've tried to turn into a 5 star hotel and produced a characterless place.
Beds like stone - if you like a firm bed, you will find this hard, if you like a more luxurious feel - stay somewhere else!!
Corridors on the room floors are very dark with little lights -why did they do this, it's just weird.
Only the swimming pool looks nice, haven't tried it yet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located in the southern district of Hong Kong Island, the contemporary L’hotel Island South is the development of the Chinachem Group. This 37-storey hotel offers 432 spacious and design-led guestrooms and suites that are redefining conventional notions of comfort and style. As a convenience for today's global travelers, L'hotel Island South provides complimentary Wi-Fi internet connection and an array of other advanced technologies, plus superb meeting and banquet venues, a gymnasium and an outdoor pool that offer green vistas, and comprehensive business support. Complementing all of these is an eco-friendly attitude as well as a smart casual service style from our friendly and highly dynamic hotel crew. Whether for business or leisure, guests also enjoy quick and easy access to the territory's prime business, shopping, dining and entertainment hubs as well as a host of nice beaches, nature parks, plus heritage and cultural trails along the southern end of Hong Kong Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your L'hotel Island South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Hotel Island South Hotel Hong Kong
- L'Hotel Island South Hong Kong