“Good Dim Sum - handy if you are staying at Langham Place”

Tim Ho Wan, the Dim-Sum Specialists
Ranked #80 of 9,442 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mong Kok
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were staying at the Langham Place hotel, and having seen Tim Ho Wan mentioned in so many articles we were keen to try the famous 'Pork Buns'. This place is very close to the hotel where we were staying ( walk through the Olympic Shopping Mall 3, cross road to Olympic Mall 2, and it is on the ground floor on the left - large white restaurant ).

Maybe it was because we had been to One Dim Sum the night before - but we werent blown away. The Dim Sum is tasty, the service was efficient, but we were glad we knew what to do. ( When shown to your table , there are some printed menu order forms in the holder, work your way through the menu ticking what you would like, then hand the order form to the waitress. The items and bill will then be brought to you ).

Everything was good, and reasonably priced. Most items were 3 to a steamer ( a little awkward for the 4 of us ), but nothing - not even the pork buns - was outstanding.

I would go again if I was staying at the Langham Place, but if I was making the trip to Mongkok I would go to One Dim Sum.

1  Thank Ives5
Write a ReviewReviews (2,554)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went there in the evening, no queues so we got our table right away. Staff don't speak almost any English (or at least nobody spoke English on "our" shift) but ordering food is easy as you get a menu list in English. Everything is cheap so we ordered several different dishes. Everything was tasty but nothing special really... We were a bit disappointed that their dim sum were so ordinary :)

1  Thank rocking_pony
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Dim Sum is Dim Sum except when it isn't

When every bite is juicy and flavorful, you know its good.

When you arrive early and fight the crowds, sit at communal tables and don't care because the food is that good, you know you found the place.

When the egg custard, a dish you have tasted a million times, is better, sweeter, crispy and buttery all at once, you know you chose wisely.

I miss you Tim Ho Wan, and will visit again anytime I am in Hong Kong

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had heard about this restaurant beforehand, the place had probably moved and we needed to do googling to find a new(?) address. The restaurant was in Olympian city mall and we luckily got some help and pure luck to find the place (the name was written in Chinese characters and there were many separe buildings in the mall).

The dim sums were overly delicious! I will definetely try to find somewhere closer home as good dim sums as the barbeque pork buns were! I'm still searhing... The ordering was fun and we were marking the items to the paper while trying to guess how much would be enough :). We ended being well fed and the price was surprisingly cheap! Highly recommed this place for all dim sum friends!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I love the places that I have to struggle a little bit to communicate and sometimes I like being surprised by getting not exactly what I expected. So this was great dim sum, no complaints about the quality of food or the prices (it was a nice resturant, of course it will cost more than the hole in the wall place I found by accident and will never be able to find again). I would say this resturant was non adventurous and would be a hit in any trendy or upcoming city in the USA. I love dim sum and this was a great place for a nice lunch. No lines, English menu, nice staff, easy to find.