“Going out of the comfort zone”

Dialogue in the Dark Hong Kong
Ranked #2 of 94 Museums in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience an "Unseen" tour you never experience before. Unlike ordinary sight-seeing spots in Hong Kong, we offer a "dark" and inspiring experience. Please visit our website for more detail. PRE-BOOKING for English tour is essential as there are only a few English sessions daily. Opening: Mon-Fri 10:30-19:00, English sessions: 11:30, 13:45, 17:00.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 22, 2014

DiD is a quick taste of what life's like in the dark. What's it like to cross the street? Shop for groceries (which fruit are you picking up anyway?!) How certain are you of things around you, when you cannot see?

Without giving out too much details, it is an experience I wish more people can try. And I'm sure many would appreciate the post-session chat in the dark where you get to find out a bit about your guide's life, obstacles and solutions. They're great people, and it's great that DiD is a platform for more of us to find out.

Note: The DiD changes its themes regularly, so there are a number of elements in my second visit that's different from my first. Keeps things fresh!

1  Thank mikey177
in 9 reviews
in 15 reviews
in 18 reviews

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 8 people, I and my friend, it is really dark that scares you at first 10 minuts and I hold my friend all the way! You feel lost and alone even if you are in crowd. We had an experience how to cross the road, it is so dificult, i imagine when in another cities where traffic lights are not with sound, how hard it is for blind people. The most amazing thing was when we were in "theatre". We were sitting and listening songs and in this moment you can play with your imagination and realize that you can create your own world in your mind. But in the end of the tour i was badly want to sleep? slbecause my brain didbt realize why my eyes are open in the dark)So this experience not so inspiring as I thiught,

2  Thank Daniya_kz
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have been told that this is one of the best activity to do in Hong Kong when it is raining (besides shopping of course), so I have been there with few friends without expecting much. I would say that I have been totally convinced by this experience! I was scaring at the beginning, but after some time I begun to feel more comfortable in the dark and I have improved my use other senses like touching, hearing.
I won't tell more about it, because it is something you have to experience by yourself!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I was here on the 3rd of July this year and honestly had no idea what to expect. I had booked it thinking it would be an interesting experience. Through this experience i have to say i learnt alot. It's honestly amazing how much we take our eyes for granted and i think the DiD is doing an excellent job at reminding people of that. The lady that led us through the course was lovely and very helpful. Would definitely like to go back and take a friend next time. Had an enjoyable experience :)

2  Thank Batul D