“What an eye opening experience!”

Dialogue in the Dark Hong Kong
Ranked #2 of 59 Fun & Games in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience an "Unseen" tour you never experience before. Unlike ordinary sight-seeing spots in Hong Kong, we offer a "dark" and inspiring experience. Please visit our website for more detail. PRE-BOOKING for English tour is essential as there are only a few English sessions daily. Purchase tickets online at our ticketing system before it is too late. Opening: Tue-Fri 10:00-19:30, English sessions: 11:30, 13:45, 17:00.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Perth, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“What an eye opening experience!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is such a different kind of attraction - trying to explore the world without sight was a very scary, but interesting experience. With just a cane and a guide you are directed through different settings in absolute darkness. You must use your other senses to navigate your way.

Our guide, William, was excellent! We were so sure that he had night vision goggles on as he seemed to know where we all were inside the exhibition space. At the end he told us he was blind! Just amazing, we would have had no idea!

I won't go into details, as I wouldn't want to ruin it for you. It is a once in a lifetime experience and I highly recommend it!

1 Thank WorldTraveller255103

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Totally amazing”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We booked this and it was amazing. You do not realise how much you can do without one of your senses - it really is totally black - you cannot see anything at all. You have you guide stick and your guides voice to help you - the rest is done by your other 4 senses kicking in very quickly - and things you didn't realise you knew. I actually found it quite scary that I couldn't see anything - but by the end of the 75 minutes - I was much more confident and was able to lead the group out to the exit. Its very clever - you visit a park, ride on a boat (which moves), go a market, the theater and if you want purchase a drink and biscuits in a cafe - but its all inside a huge hall. Don't miss this - its brilliant

2 Thank busy1954
Belfast, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

What an experience. When we first went in to this "attraction" I felt slightly claustrophobic. It is pitch black. Our guide Joanna told us that lots of people don't make it to the end of the tour, that they can't cope with the darkness. But I persevered and I am so glad that I did. It teaches you to respect and use your other senses and also to realise what visually impaired people are doing on a daily basis. I loved this experience and would fully recommend to everyone. One practical tip - when you come out of the MTR station turn right!

Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a must do activity. We took our 3 children (aged 16, 14, 10) & we all learned a lot about what it's like to be visually impaired & had fun at the same time. The experience lasted over an hour but it felt a lot shorter. The kids talked about this experience for days. Call ahead to book a tour in your language.

1 Thank Jeanettek K
Queanbeyan, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

What an experience. I now understand the challanges blind and partially sighted people face and how they can overcome these challanges. The tour guide Joanna was amazing as she makes you use all other senses. The tour lasted approx 70 mins which went really quick. Would recommend this tour.