“Appreciate the little things.”

Dialogue in the Dark Hong Kong
Ranked #1 of 94 Museums in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience an "Unseen" tour you never experience before. Unlike ordinary sight-seeing spots in Hong Kong, we offer a "dark" and inspiring experience. Please visit our website for more detail. PRE-BOOKING for English tour is essential as there are only a few English sessions daily. Opening: Mon-Fri 10:30-19:00, English sessions: 11:30, 13:45, 17:00.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 24, 2012

When we complain about silly things of materialistic world we forget to appreciate the basic things we are granted with... our senses make all the sense.
Dialogue in the dark is not for me to write or you to read about it is to be experienced, whether you are young, old, male or female... its about one of the best and saddest things I have experienced in life. Where on our blogs and pages we write about what we see I am telling you about a place one cannot see but only feel... a very difficult place to find but definitely worth the effort... don't miss this one.

1  Thank khan22
in 18 reviews
"experiential"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I found out about this through the trip advisor city guides application. None of our friends that have visited Hong Kong knew about it.
We were expecting just to visit a place that simulates the conditions that a visually impaired person is dealing with daily.
It turned out to be more than this. It is a personal experience, a journey down to your own soul. I am grateful that these people let us "see" the world how they see it.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Visit ON 10 Nov 2012

We came here at 2pm and the reception told us English show will be only at 4.30pm. The show management people should have a schedule of the shows, so travelers don't waste time waiting.

They were totally sold out for 11 Nov shows. There wasn't anything to do while waiting, so went to Chinese restaurant on 1st floor which served good in taste fried rice and stir fried noodles.

SHOW Started off with each getting walking stick, that was serious stuff. I dint expect this at all.

We experienced all aspects of life without being able to see..walk in the park, boat ride, shop, order food, cross the road, be in a movie/music theatre..and soo much more. Amazing.

This sort of a experience is price less and 100% MUST FOR ALL PEOPLE WITH EYE SIGHT.

1  Thank Chirag D
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Very impressed. You certainly get an appreciation for vision as it was completely dark -- I mean, not a hint of light at all. Our guide was kind, polite and very sincere. He asked us at the end if we thought he was blind or not. Then we walked into the light to discover that... Just go.

1  Thank Doug H
See more reviews
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Found it ranked #1 among the activities in HK in trip advisor, so we tried it out, and to my surprise, it's a life changing experience that's totally worth the time and money to go.

Basically, the purpose of this organization is to allow the guests to experience what a blind person is like by "traveling in a completely dark area" with a guide. By hiring guides with eye-sight disability, it provides job opportunities to these people.

My friends and I was guided by the guide Rachel, and the experience was amazing. Thank you very much Rachel! I literally appreciated my life and my eye-sight a lot more after this 90 minutes experience. It's so touching and motivating to the point that I wish I could be a doctor to cure eye-sight issues.

I would highly recommend people to go visit this DiD.