$323
$148
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$140
$89
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$260
$252
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $291/night.

$229
$206
Shangri-La.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

$167
$131
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$131
$121
Trip.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$210
$183
Cordis Official
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $220/night.

Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
$296
$214
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
Metropark Hotel Mongkok(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$91
$78
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$106
$83
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

All reviewschai wanmtr stationshopping centrehk islandhk standardseasy accessroom size isairport buscauseway baylaundrysafesfloorfacilitiessupermarketfootbridgemicrowaveeateries
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I stayed at Y-Loft one night. I had no problem finding it, took the fast train from airport and then the MTR until the last stop. I was really impressed by the place. It's very modern, new and spacious. Nothing I would have expected from a Hong Kong "Hostel". The reception staff was courteous, not very warm, but nice. The only down for this place is the location, 40 minutes subway ride to Kowloon area. But if it wasn't for this it would be much, but much more expensive. So it's a matter of personal options. Space versus location. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank xiribita
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The hotel is a bit out of the ways for me. I'm use to being more centrally located but it wasn't so bad. 30 minutes from downtown is far in Hong Kong but more than acceptable for the average traveler. The entrance is hard to find but once found you don't need to use it ever again. There is an elevator that is next to the walkway to the MTR but you need your room card to access it. From that elevator you can go directly to your floor (instead of going to the 12F lobby first, then changing to another bank of elevators).

After checking in I didn't see any staff from then on so I can't really comment on the service side.

I was in a room on the 11th floor so the view from the hallway was nice and open. The room view was less impressive as it looked into apartment buildings from the neighboring complexes but it was still open (in Hong Kong standards) and you could still pick out a little green from the hills behind. Overall you didn't feel cramped, sardined into a sliver, which is probably the case for many Hong Kong hotels.

The hardware is very modern and for the most part clean. The space again is very generous for a Hong Kong budget hotel and sheets and towels were new and comfortable. There is a mini fridge that is empty and two safes in the closet to cater to two independent travelers. The TV is nice but the channel selection, though sporting HD formats, is minimal to say the least. The only issue was that I kept seeing little cockroaches. I hate cockroaches but these were the very very tiny ones. ant-sized. Of course having little ones now meant that there were others hiding somewhere. It didn't bother me as much then as it does now writing about it. It's a pity that a hostel that is so nice would have this problem particularly being so new. Good thing is that they were along the window sill and not on the table or beds.

The area of Chai Wan is fairly nice. There is a grocery store and a 7-11 next door as well as a small mall above the grocery store and above the subway station across the street. Overall it's basic but acceptable. At least you won't go hungry.

So other than the three little critters I saw during my two night stay, the Y-Loft was good. It's probably too expensive for backpackers but it's good for low budget business trip or if you want a place removed from the hustle and bustle of downtown.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Bigbrainblue
Reviewed March 31, 2010

First of all, Very hard to find the entrance...

Reception at the 12th floor? staffs are very friendly ^O^
As we approaching our room, the surrounding seems very scary, seems like we were in an under-construction building... haha

The ROOM!!! is AMAZING!!! it was brand new, everything is new... the colour, the bathroom... very pretty~ found it hard to believe is a youth hostel~ ^O^

BUT!!! i found the towels very dirty and it looks like blood stain on it... gross!!! >.<
Told the staff about it when i checked out... and they said "Oh... really...!?!?"
WTX... (pls see photos)
Location is not very good... very far away from central... the last stop on the HK island line...

Over all the stay is pleasant...as they have promotion at that time all rate 50% off... i think they did that until the end of Feb as I see the price has gone up...

I do not recommend this to people who wants a night life~ ^O^

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carolzero
Reviewed March 29, 2010

When my husband and I booked a room at Y-Loft Hostel we couldn't find a single review of it. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised at how modern the hostel was... they had only opened shortly before the end of 2009. Everything was brand new and the apartment was very comfortable. The staff provided great service but do not book tours for guests. However, in Hong Kong this is not a problem because pretty much everything of interest can be accessed via train or bus.

Hong Kong is a fabulous city but expensive for backpackers. The Y-Loft is the best alternative to staying in a some flea pit backpackers in seedy Kowloon. We spent 3 months traveling through countries in China and SE Asia and this was the cleaniest, most comfortable and modern apartment we stayed at, and was my husband's personal favorite. Spending a few more $$ and staying will vastly improve your opinion of Hong Kong.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aida W
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I got a great rate for this hostel. Usually I am not akin to staying at hostels but this is in a different league. It's a great place, and because it so new it's quite modern and good quality. Service desk people are nice and they also service rooms daily. I think it's a good place if you are looking for a lodging place and do not require 5 star hotels. That said, I suspect due to its popularity, the prices will continue to go up. As at now, the savings from some hotels is not that large, but hey fair enough.
By the way, I almost got lost trying to look for it. It's actually very easy if you exit through the right door. Go to MTR exit A and particularly if you have luggage (like I did, poor thing!) then take the left handed side, it has a bakery next to it and enters into shopping complex. Head straight through complex past Bossini and out onto the footpath/bridge. Get onto it, take your first right on the footpath bridge and you will see signs for Youth Centre. It's basically there, you just have to find your way up now to Level 12 - where Reception is and you can take it from there. Good Luck!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business