Taking the Hong Kong Airport Express was a smart move, taking me quickly and cheaply to central station in about 20 minutes. The Hong Kong Metro (MTR) is just as clean and efficient as their counterpart here in Korea, so I took the HK Island line to the last stop, Chai Wan. Having booked a room at the same hostel that the rest of the tour was staying at, I had printed directions in Chinese that proved to be useless. Cabbies and parking attendants alike were stumped in helping me find the Y-Loft, which turned out to be right under my nose. Once I found the Youth Square complex and the adjoining Y-Loft hotel/hostel, I quickly checked in and cranked up the A/C as the temperature and humidity had made me a hot, sweaty, tired traveler.
The room was clean, modern, and about 20 minutes from the hectic central district, so it was also fairly quiet. After watching a few episodes of an amusing Chinese police/action/drama called “Pretty Police Woman” and “The Hong Kong Society for the Aged Special Good Time Buddies“, I drifted off dreaming of sexy Asian policewomen and thoughts of exploring Hong Kong on my own in the morning until the tour group arrived.
The Y-loft is located in a terrific complex and the bi-lingual staff is wonderful, too. I highly recommend this as a inexpensive option without sacrificing comfort or amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Y Loft houses 148 rooms located in the Main Block and Hostel Block of Youth Square. Room selection includes Twin Rooms, as well as Twin Rooms With Balcony, Triple Rooms, House of Six, Duplex and Accessible Rooms. Equipped with full-service facilities like The Oasis, SkyTrack, common area, fitness centre and laundry marts, etc., Y Loft provides a perfect accommodation for budget travelers all over the world. It also offers concession rate to youth organization or youth activities held by non-profit organization or International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) members. Y Loft has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence for three consecutive years in 2012 – 2014 and 2016 by TripAdvisor in recognition of its well-appointed facilities and the attentive service provided by staff. Y Loft further received a Bravo Badge and Certificate of Recognition from TripAdvisor and an online travel agent respectively, for delivering good levels of guest service and experience this year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Y Loft (Youth Square) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- y-Loft (Youth Square) Hotel Hong Kong
- Y Loft (Youth Square) Hong Kong