Although it was at the end of MTR Hong Kong line, but the hotel was near the MTR station through the overpass. It was located in the midst of locals, two markets around and not as congested as others suburbs. Our hotel room was facing the hill with nice scenery and tranquil. Room was spacious with large windows. The room was well lit up with 11 lights in total. The hotel staff especially the male receptionist Tony was extremely helpful and friendly. We have stayed there for seven nights. They have a gym area with 7 machines which we didn't have time to use them. They have a common computer and another one which need a password from the receptionist near the reception area. Not bad wi-fi connection. There were no charges for using the internet. It served me well as I didn't bring a laptop. We enjoyed the quietness and the tranquility of the place. It's surprisingly neat and clean, most of all very economical and price was very reasonable. Since it's at the end of the MTR line, there was no problem in getting a seat, a bonus especially during peak hours.
It was very confusing in locating the hotel on the first night when we arrived from airport. It got signs with Chinese wordings and the direction was not clear especially when you are on the overpass, you just simply got lost as there were couple other overpasses as well. I wish there would be more improvement in pointing to direction; so many hotel guests complained the same thing. My daughter and my son-in-law have resided in this hotel a year ago, it took them over 30 min. round and round circle just to locate the entrance of this hotel. They have asked the locals but most of them don't speak English.
After all, surely I will come back and stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Y Loft houses 148 rooms located in the Main Block and Hostel Block of Youth Square. Room selection includes Twin Rooms, as well as Twin Rooms With Balcony, Triple Rooms, House of Six, Duplex and Accessible Rooms. Equipped with full-service facilities like The Oasis, SkyTrack, common area, fitness centre and laundry marts, etc., Y Loft provides a perfect accommodation for budget travelers all over the world. It also offers concession rate to youth organization or youth activities held by non-profit organization or International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) members. Y Loft has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence for three consecutive years in 2012 – 2014 and 2016 by TripAdvisor in recognition of its well-appointed facilities and the attentive service provided by staff. Y Loft further received a Bravo Badge and Certificate of Recognition from TripAdvisor and an online travel agent respectively, for delivering good levels of guest service and experience this year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Y Loft (Youth Square) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- y-Loft (Youth Square) Hotel Hong Kong
- Y Loft (Youth Square) Hong Kong