Lowest prices for your stay
$103
Priceline
$91
Go to your Happy Price
Agoda.com
$88
No fees just great deals
Jared1127
Kansas City, Missouri
Nice Little Spot in Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 28, 2012
This simple hostel is a great place to escape to after a busy day in Hong Kong. The rooms are clean and simply designed. It has easy access to and from the MTR station. Great value!
Date of stay: June 2012Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
5.1 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
Restaurant
4.7 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
Sky Pool
4.5 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
Room service
12.5 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
Pool
5.8 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
 Exterior
5.1 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
Room service
10.7 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
Free parking
8.6 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
The Pool at the Regal Riverside Hotel
8.6 miles from Y Loft (Youth Square)
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Clean and comfortable design hostel. Good size rooms.
Ideal for backpackers.
Very close to the Chai Wan MTR.
Free Wi-fi in the rooms, although there wasn't much signal.

Would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank WorldTr2v3ll3r
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Very good Location.Located in Chai Wan MTR station,then goto the nearest mall ( New Jade Mall).then take a 5 minutes walk to this hotel.The Hotel situated in a huge Youth community building.
Lobby located on 12th floor.Staff speaks good English and very friendly and helpful, Elevator(Lift) was showing very strange sign by sounding on every single floor it stops.Waiting time for the LIfts was quite long.To find your room ,you must tap your room card on an electronic set of doors which allow you to enter rooms area (for security reason),which was good.
We did not try the food here.
Room AirCond was very cold .Our trip was April ,therefore the temperature was such a relief.
Bed was good and firm.Bathroom was very clean and modernly designed.
Buy your OCTOPUS card and top it up with HKD200 for 5 days stay.You can also use it to pay for foods or 7-11 items.

Room tip: non smoking room.
Date of stay: April 2012
5  Thank pumpapple2002
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place is located a bit far from the city centre, but it's beside metro station and a small shopping centre, so it's pretty convenient, and the area felt safe.

The room was quite simple, but tastefully decorated with IKEA furniture. I liked the vibrant colours and the youthful feeling of the room. Everything was fresh and clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Y-Loft is a perfect place for a short stay on a budget - well worth the money!

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank Busen
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I originally chose to stay at Y-loft because I was looking for a budget hotel and took a chance that I wouldn't mind the trade-off for convenience. I'm happy to say it was a fine trade, and I would recommend it for anyone. I'm 50 and traveled as a single woman; feeling safe was important to me. The room, building, and area surrounding the hotel all felt very safe, including in early morning and late night. My room was large - very large by HK standards! - and exceptionally clean; wifi was easily accessed, and there was even a hairdryer. I wouldn't bother with the "balcony", though, as it was a walled concrete space...nice to walk out on for a bit, but not exactly a balcony. On-site laundry was convenient though expensive (60 HKD for wash and dry I think) and a microwave also. There are specific directions in another TA review, which were helpful finding the reception area the first time - it's difficult to describe, but very typical in a HK sort of way! MTR was very very convenient - probably 5-7 minutes from your room.

Although the MTR ride back to "downtown" didn't seem long at all, once you're back at the hotel you probably won't want to make the trek out again. This was ok for me, as I would usually start my day early, and then be ready stay in once I was back in the evening. In the adjacent mall, there are a couple of Japanese noodle places (Ajisen, ?), which were ok; I didn't try the restaurant in the same building as the hotel.

My favorite part of staying at Y-loft was the glimpse it gave me into the non-touristic side of HK. By the time you reach the last several MTR stops (Chai Wan being the very last), it is mostly local people riding, and it was interesting to just watch people going about their day-to-day life. By just walking a bit into the neighborhood and crossing the overpasses that connect the mall with the high-rise residences you felt in a world far away from the tourist sites. A little Cantonese is helpful but you can manage without. Each morning I went into one of the high rises where there are various cafeterias, etc. (McDonald's, too), and had breakfast at a different place each day. One evening I found some waffle and meatball vendors on a neighborhood street.

Another fun activity was to take the MTR to Shau Kei Wan, and then ride the ding ding tram all the way to the other end at Sheung Wan. I did this one morning, watching the city wake up, and once at night, enjoying all the lights but happy that I wasn't having to push through the crowds at the end of a long day.

This was my third visit to HK; the other two times were with my family and we stayed at the Salisbury YMCA. I only stayed at Y-Loft this time because the Salisbury was full. However in retrospect I'm happy that things turned out this way because of the different perspective it gave me on regular life in HK. If this were my first visit or if I had small children, I would probably choose the Salisbury because of the convenience; however for a second visit, if you feel that your itinerary can accommodate a bit more travel time and you're interested in the non-touristy aspects of HK, I'd recommend Y-loft. The rooms and comfort level are comparable.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
14  Thank SanFranciscoRiley
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed 2 nights with a mate in a twin room heading back from China to New Zealand and having found an online deal at a great price, I have to say the entire stay was a great experience.

Y-Loft was awesomely located - literally by the Chai Wan MTR station, in a pretty peaceful part of town - even though it was the last stop on the MTR line, it was a great location because the actual station was so close.

The rooms were not massive, but they had everything you could need and they were super tidy.

I'd definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2012