Lowest prices for your stay
$106
$106
Fully refundable before Fri, Apr 26
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
$93
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This place is located a bit far from the city centre, but it's beside metro station and a small shopping centre, so it's pretty convenient, and the area felt safe.

The room was quite simple, but tastefully decorated with IKEA furniture. I liked the vibrant colours and the youthful feeling of the room. Everything was fresh and clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Y-Loft is a perfect place for a short stay on a budget - well worth the money!

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Busen
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I originally chose to stay at Y-loft because I was looking for a budget hotel and took a chance that I wouldn't mind the trade-off for convenience. I'm happy to say it was a fine trade, and I would recommend it for anyone. I'm 50 and traveled as a single woman; feeling safe was important to me. The room, building, and area surrounding the hotel all felt very safe, including in early morning and late night. My room was large - very large by HK standards! - and exceptionally clean; wifi was easily accessed, and there was even a hairdryer. I wouldn't bother with the "balcony", though, as it was a walled concrete space...nice to walk out on for a bit, but not exactly a balcony. On-site laundry was convenient though expensive (60 HKD for wash and dry I think) and a microwave also. There are specific directions in another TA review, which were helpful finding the reception area the first time - it's difficult to describe, but very typical in a HK sort of way! MTR was very very convenient - probably 5-7 minutes from your room.

Although the MTR ride back to "downtown" didn't seem long at all, once you're back at the hotel you probably won't want to make the trek out again. This was ok for me, as I would usually start my day early, and then be ready stay in once I was back in the evening. In the adjacent mall, there are a couple of Japanese noodle places (Ajisen, ?), which were ok; I didn't try the restaurant in the same building as the hotel.

My favorite part of staying at Y-loft was the glimpse it gave me into the non-touristic side of HK. By the time you reach the last several MTR stops (Chai Wan being the very last), it is mostly local people riding, and it was interesting to just watch people going about their day-to-day life. By just walking a bit into the neighborhood and crossing the overpasses that connect the mall with the high-rise residences you felt in a world far away from the tourist sites. A little Cantonese is helpful but you can manage without. Each morning I went into one of the high rises where there are various cafeterias, etc. (McDonald's, too), and had breakfast at a different place each day. One evening I found some waffle and meatball vendors on a neighborhood street.

Another fun activity was to take the MTR to Shau Kei Wan, and then ride the ding ding tram all the way to the other end at Sheung Wan. I did this one morning, watching the city wake up, and once at night, enjoying all the lights but happy that I wasn't having to push through the crowds at the end of a long day.

This was my third visit to HK; the other two times were with my family and we stayed at the Salisbury YMCA. I only stayed at Y-Loft this time because the Salisbury was full. However in retrospect I'm happy that things turned out this way because of the different perspective it gave me on regular life in HK. If this were my first visit or if I had small children, I would probably choose the Salisbury because of the convenience; however for a second visit, if you feel that your itinerary can accommodate a bit more travel time and you're interested in the non-touristy aspects of HK, I'd recommend Y-loft. The rooms and comfort level are comparable.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
14  Thank SanFranciscoRiley
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed 2 nights with a mate in a twin room heading back from China to New Zealand and having found an online deal at a great price, I have to say the entire stay was a great experience.

Y-Loft was awesomely located - literally by the Chai Wan MTR station, in a pretty peaceful part of town - even though it was the last stop on the MTR line, it was a great location because the actual station was so close.

The rooms were not massive, but they had everything you could need and they were super tidy.

I'd definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We found this place booking.com at a very reasonable price and were pleasantly surprised at the quality. Although it is a bit out of the way (about an extra 15 mins on the metro) the rooms were clean, large and comfortable. There was wired internet in the room and although there was no breakfast available on site there were shops and metro station a few minutes walking distance. All in all a very good alternative to staying in town

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Y-Loft is within a 3min brisk walk (in high foot traffic commute hours) from the Chai Wan MTR terminal. Knowing that the CityFlyer Route A12 bus stop are right by the building will ease your mind on how to get back to HKG when u depart HK. Don't expect Y-Loft to be like a 3/4/5 stars hotel. For a reasonable price, you get a comfy, clean and decent sized room with wired and wi-fi internet access. DIY laundry facilities are available, for $HK 60.00 per wash+dry. The registration area is located on the 12th floor. The elevator may be hard to find, especially if one arrive late in the evening. There is a convenient store and a supermarket next door to the Y-Loft where you can get the amenities Y-Loft doesn't provide. Chai Wan is on the eastern end of the island, and is relatively remote by local standard compared to Causeway Bay or WanChai.

• Trip type: Traveled with family