Despite it's distance from the airport (at least an hour away via MTR and 1 hr 30 min by bus), this is a very good place to stay. I don't know if it's the cheapest, but I am very happy with the cost (HK$400 per night was what we paid). The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. We have our own toilet and bath, enough space for all our baggage, a TV, and our own wi-fi router. I could have worked if I wanted to, but then again, I was on vacation. :) Each room also has two security vaults where you can keep your valuables if you're going out, a hair dryer (very useful!) and a water heater if you want to drink tea or instant coffee. Shampoo/body wash is also provided, but you have to bring your own toiletries.
The building is bigger than I expected. Apparently it's also a school and community center. There are some shops on the 4th floor where you can eat, as well as a on the 12th floor. The MTR is a few minutes walk away, and there are two buildings where you can shop for essentials and food.
The fact that they have their own laundry area is a big plus if you're staying a while and don't want to bring too much clothes. Note that you have to pay HK$30 per use. Washer & dryer is separate so that is already HK$60. There's also a limit of 6kg per load. Didn't try the gym but it was nice that they have one.
It's a little odd to navigate around here though. Our room was located on the 5th floor, but the main elevator that seems to have no access there. Instead, we had to take the main elevator, go up to the 12th floor then take the service elevator by the stairs to go down to the 5th floor. I don't know if it's really like that or if there's another way that's under renovation.
Overall, I'm satisfied with my stay. I'd pick this place the next time I go back to Hong Kong. The plus side is that the staff speaks great English (a challenge that I encountered while there) so it wasn't difficult to communicate with them. The distance is all right, as trains and buses run late so it really isn't a hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Y Loft houses 148 rooms located in the Main Block and Hostel Block of Youth Square. Room selection includes Twin Rooms, as well as Twin Rooms With Balcony, Triple Rooms, House of Six, Duplex and Accessible Rooms. Equipped with full-service facilities like The Oasis, SkyTrack, common area, fitness centre and laundry marts, etc., Y Loft provides a perfect accommodation for budget travelers all over the world. It also offers concession rate to youth organization or youth activities held by non-profit organization or International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) members. Y Loft has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence for three consecutive years in 2012 – 2014 and 2016 by TripAdvisor in recognition of its well-appointed facilities and the attentive service provided by staff. Y Loft further received a Bravo Badge and Certificate of Recognition from TripAdvisor and an online travel agent respectively, for delivering good levels of guest service and experience this year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Y Loft (Youth Square) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- y-Loft (Youth Square) Hotel Hong Kong
- Y Loft (Youth Square) Hong Kong