“Suitable for HK traveller”
Review of Oi Suen Guesthouse

Oi Suen Guesthouse
Ranked #275 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very good service. Near mass transporttation and shopping area. Just cross stree you can walk around in lady market, sport wear zone and it accessory. Good security. A lot of good taste food around guesthouse. I stay here 3 times already and will stay here every time I go to HK.

• Stayed: December 2012
There are newer reviews for Oi Suen Guesthouse

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Although housekeeper can not speak English but it can communicate understanding. Room are very clean, valuables safe, I forgot the key in the room she help with a smile.
- near shopping area
- travel conveviently
- opposite of MTR exit D2
- many restaurant
Very impress

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Before i came to the guesthouse,the manager,Ms.Rainbow already send us very clearly direction how to get there from airport(A21).And they mention that they provide van service for airport pick up although i don't need it because just me.

Location is very great!Mongkok station is within the walking distance and easy to reach most of the attractions.I found most of the sights also close to the MTR.I would recommend to buy an octopus card for bus,train and no need to prepare coins every time.Honestly,i didn't plan much on this trip cause quite rush to come;however,their reception has highlight some good places with good direction and provide discount tickets at the same time.Thumb up!

There're two cleaning staffs are deaf and mute,but they always are full of smiling.They clean my room every day and extremely helpful.Another aunt speak very little English at the reception,but she is also extremely nice and very detail to show everything at the guesthouse.After 2 days,i met Ms Rainbow,she is very impressive!She speaks some Thai very well.

This guesthouse is humanistic,not cold which is important when i travel alone this time.Room is very small,but i can back home if i want to stay the big room as long as they are clean.My family feel very safe that i stay here because we use the guesthouse wifi to Skype with them and showed the aunts and the environment.Although the building is old,but the lift and security guard are e24hours and and very safety after i stayed 5nights here!!

Room Tip: Any question,email to them.Ms.Rainbow is a very nice girl who answers all the questions very detail...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank misskani p
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The location is good & easy access to MTR Mongkok Station. Nearby to Ladies Street. But the room is too small and the bathroom is super small. This is not value for money. However, the room is clean & with wifi service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank sugar623
Reviewed May 26, 2013

i love the accessibility of this place, near the shopping area, food and transportation :) the attendants were very attentive, warm and accommodating. but i wish aside from Ms. Ellen, they can all speak english. i'm definitely recommending this place to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Money changers in the ladies market are very good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank KrihsnaCurtisSmith
Reviewed May 17, 2013

An ideally located hostel with a friendly staff (Auntie & Co.) and an always happy and smiling manager (Ms Ellen) who can help you with nearly every problem you'll come across in the town! Rooms are small and the building is not new but hey, this is Hong Kong and it will be worse in other hostels!

I definitely recommend you Oi Suen Guesthouse in Mong Kok come and plan to come again myself!

Room Tip: If you need more space, maybe book a double room for 1 person or a triple room if you are 2 people.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Retrop R
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This "hotel" is in the heart of the action in monk kong.
It was a little challenging to find so I asked someone local for help. After a while she realized that we were in fact standing at the entrance to the hotel.

The hotel has a sign that says dr. Kenneth and then underneath on a small laminated piece of paper it says sincere house. I did loads of research before I arrived at the hotel on where to go and how to find it so was annoyed with myself.

Check in was done very efficiently by the manager rainbow.

When i made my booking I received an email I received a reply from Rainbow advising me that theropod was SMALL. The email went further to warn you to tell your partner or family that the room is SMALL.

But the room size is reflective of the price. If you want a five star hotel with a coffee machine in your room - then book and PAY for one.

I found the room to be clean and always had hot water.
The room was a little noisy but that was due to some revolting parents who brought their kids back every night after 23h30.
This was certainly not the hotels fault but I did feel better after I wagged my finger at the little brat who was running up and down the passage screaming.

I ate out ever night within 700 Meters of the hotel.
I will be dreaming of the chicken korma and Thai satay noodles I ate!

When I returned to the hotel late at at night I never felt scared.
Heck I was one of two million people out in monk kong on the street...

The pace of this area is insane. The location is the biggest plus factor for this hotel.
I would return.