Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams$31
FindHotel$31
Agoda.com$31
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

If u r on a budget this is the right place.
It is very small but remember it is hong kong. It is absolutely clean!!!!
Great location & friendly staff!
Highly recommended and definitely will come again.

Date of stay: February 2012
5  Thank Emilyjoong
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Last may'12 go with my family,after review from a lot of comment from Internet,we consider book this hotel.cause is under our budget .first of all,when we step into d hotel,the guesthouse is what we aspect,hong kong style hdb,the lift very small only cam fix 5-6person only,but if got luggage will little bit tight la.room very small,d guesthouse provide us are 2 double-decker bed la,but there got free wifi,room after put luggage no more place to stand la.but d location of guesthouse very nearby to tong choi street, fa yuen street, walking distance to temple street around 20min la.guesthouse also provide selling like ocean park ticket,Disneyland ticket,ferry transfer to Macau....guesthouse also provide some info for meal,so we success eat a lot of delicious local food la.overall, recommend for those lower budget traveling in hong kong la.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Tramychan
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had one of those broom cupboard single rooms, en suite so small i had to shower over the toilet, feet hung over the end of the bed by about 12 inches, price 360 HKD. OK for one night. Good location near Mongkok station.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Frannk982
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed at Oi Suen for the third time this year (previous stays were in 2010 and 2011). All bookings were for 2 person rooms even though I traveled alone, as I am 195cm (6'4") tall and about 90Kg (195lbs) and I need a bit more room to move around.

Let's go back to 2010, the first time I stayed there: The place was recommended by a friend in Macau and at first I was skeptical as I had never stayed at a "guesthouse" before. At the time, Ellen/Rainbow was not the manager as yet (but more on that later). Miss Lam was the manager and treated me with much patience and hospitality even though she could not find my reservation when I arrived. Uncle Lam (who retired a few years ago) said outright that I was an impostor that didn't have a reservation with Oi Suen. I found that statement to be very rude but ignored it. Later, I found out that Uncle Lam was a very frank person, so everything's forgiven. Eventually, Miss Lam found my reservation and after paying for the room and key I was shown the room. Well, first impressions were not too good as I was given a windowless room (I did not know I had to spell out the requirement for a windowed room at the time, but I learned quickly). However, the room was spotless (yes, spotless) and the sheets and pillow cases were laundered and new. The bed was a bit hard but I got used to that soon enough (they're now softer, BTW). Free WiFi was great and the room was at least quiet. That was a one night stay.

The next year (2011) I returned to find that Miss Lam had retired and that Ellen/Rainbow was in charge as Manager now. Reservation was found with no problems although I had to book a week earlier (3 weeks prior compared to last year). Was shown a room in the new wing (same floor, but at the other side of the building). Had a window but it looked into a chimney-like ventilation shaft that was quite noisy with the sound of dripping water. At least I had a window this time around. Room was spotless once again and sheets and pillow cases were clean. Another one night stay. No complaints except for the dripping sound. Room has its own toilet, basin and shower. Got to know Ellen a bit better but did not really have a long talk with her.

This year (2012) returned for the third time. Had to book 4 weeks in advance! Was there for a 2 night stay. Got one of the best rooms they had, # 8, which has a window facing the street, and is bright and cheery. Only downside is that there is a shower and basin but no toilet in the room. You'll need to use the common toilet near the reception area. Not a big problem if you don't mind walking down the hall to take a pee. Probably the most comfortable stay I've had so far with them. Also managed to talk at length with Ellen, and found out that Miss Lam is her mother (big surprise!!!) and that the guesthouse is a family business.

Must say that there is no "perfect room" at Oi Suen, as many of the rooms have a different configuration from one another and it's a bit of a lottery when you book with them (or as Americans like to say: it's a crapshoot). The best part of staying at Oi Suen is interacting with Ellen, as she is knowledgeable, attentive, friendly, kind, polite, professional and above all, very funny.

I know my way around HK, but she was still able to point me to places and restaurants that I didn't know about. She treats all of her guests like friends and is very sincere and genuine with them. Her employees are also friendly and professional, and her cousin, Sam, who also works there, deserves an honorable mention as well for his excellent service.

I intend to travel to Asia in April 2013 and will book with Oi Suen again when I am in HK. Will return as long as they're in business or until I find a better place to stay.

Room tip: If you are claustrophobic, please get a room with a window! There are a few windowless rooms that will make you feel very confined in a very short period of time. Beware!
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
7  Thank PaulB6969
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed in a single room at Oi Suen for four nights. On the second day of my visit I came down with the flu and was absolutely miserable. The owner was so sweet and gentle. She walked with me to the doctor's office down the block, holding her umbrella over me. I am so grateful that I ended up at a place where I could get help in this sort of situation. That aside, fantastic location, great price, clean rooms, and lovely air conditioning.

Room tip: It is true that the windowless single room is very small. If you have never been to Hong Kong and have any troubles with small spaces, I would suggest finding out if you can get a room with a window.
Date of stay: May 2012