“Visit to take some pictures”
Review of Avenue of the Stars - CLOSED

Avenue of the Stars
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the visit . It was pretty hot , so we waited until the sun was setting before we return and the buildings across the water actually makes for some pretty views. While it's not the reason why I visited, I was fascinated looking out for the names of stars with a star on the pavement.

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

This is in the same line as the Hollywood walk of Stars this one is mainly stars of Chinese film and TV. You will probably only know one or two names but all the same it is an enjoyable walk with a great view of the city. It is busy at night and the walk gives a stunning view of Hong Kong harbour and is a great spot for the illuminating skyscrapers which happens around 8pm on certain nights.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

However, the views of the harbor and North Hong Kong Island straight across are quite good. Loosely modeled on Hollywood's Walk of Fame, this harbourside quay has Hong Kong movie stars' hand prints and stars in concrete along the waterfront. Europeans, Americans and others from outside Asia will no doubt recognise Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and Jet Li, but beyond that, unless you are a Hong Kong Chinese language movie aficionado, not much here for you. But it is a pleasant stroll and there is no entry fee or gate.

1  Thank csundseth
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

It's one of the most tiring walks in our whole trip because it was mid day when we visited Avenue of the Stars but it's all worth the visit. The view of Hong Kong skyscrapers are still awesome even in broad daylight. Maybe it's because of the sea breeze and the rush of the people and hand prints of the stars, even though we barely recognize them. All chinese stars. Lol. No entrance fee required. Refreshments are available at both ends of the avenue and at the one end is a Central Ferry Terminal going to HongKong Island.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The idea of this attraction is along the same lines as the Hollywood Stars Walk of Fame. However, this attraction is much cleaner than what you find in Los Angeles. I enjoyed seeing the Bruce Lee statue. This is a great photo spot and I highly recommend visiting if in Hong Kong. I'm rating this "very good" instead of "excellent" because I did not see a lot of signage explaining the history & significance of the area and celebrities featured. Additionally, lack of vendors selling cold drinks and lack of public restrooms are the reason I'm rating this attraction "very good" and not "excellent." Perhaps the aforementioned things existed, but perhaps I overlooked them.