“Good location (once you find it)”
Review of Hop Inn

Hop Inn
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Hop Inn (Carnarvon) and the location really handy. The bed was pretty small and the pillow too soft but that's probably our only complaints. The common area and courtyard is a good escape from the small rooms.

Now getting there... Make sure you know which Hop Inn your staying in before you arrive. There are two and we turned up at the wrong one. As in other reviews the entrance is pretty shabby and you need a keen eye to find it. Make sure you've got a hotel map before you arrive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hop Inn

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hop Inn on Carnarvon - For me is the best place in Hong Kong. I was in HK many times and this time I had exellent stay. I have been with my wife and 2 years old baby. No problem.
Clean Room and clean CR !!! Staff friendly and helpful. Safe Place. All climat in this place perfect. Nice decorations and rooftop terrace
I would like to recommend this place to everybody
For sure i will come back there next time !!!
Hop Inn good job.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at the Hop Inn in Hankow for 2 nights during a recent trip to HK. I would recommend this place as it ticked all the boxes for me - clean room with own bathwroom and AC and in an absolutely excellent location at only a fraction of what you would pay to stay at any of the hotels in the area. I booked a single room which was small and had very basic furnishing but after all you wouldn't expect more in a hostel. The room was clean, maybe a bit dated but there were some nice touches like a fluffy towel, drinking water and basic toiletries. As for the airconditioning, trust me, you will need this if you go to HK during the summer (late June) as I did! I read some comments about the AC being noisy - I don't know if I was just too tired at night but I had no issue fallimg asleep and did not find it that much noisier than any other AC. Overall, the place felt really safe (and I'm saying this as single female travller) and I found the location absolutely brilliant - in trendy Tsim Sha Tsui and right next to the Star Pier ferry stop/Tsim Sha Tsui station that take you to the central area. Just make sure you read the insturctions on how to get there and maybe even look at google street view before as it's quite easy to miss! I actually found the fact that it was in the middle of the hussle and bustle of the city quite charming!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Like the other folks are saying, it's a great location, it's clean, the staff is warm and friendly and helpful. My room had a window and a great view (I was at Carnarvon) . . . . . . I say "don't freak out" b/c this is probably the location with the shabbiest entrance . . .I booked at the last minute and their other locations were full already so this seems like the last resort Hop Inn. Make sure you get in the elevator on the right side to go to the top (9th) floor otherwise you may run into some interesting characters. . . .At night, in the front, on the street level, signs suddenly appear for "massage" and "foot massage" and spa and suddenly there's an auntie sitting on a crate in the front smoking . . .and lots of men entering the building looking like they don't want to be seen. I think as long as you mind your business it's cool but it's not for anyone who is used to the Hyatt or anything like that :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great location for shopping and close to the MTR, clean, good service, good staff, nice wall decoration, the room is small but useful. I do like common room and rooftop terrace it's so nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Yes, it says on the website there are rooms with no windows, but it was a great shock given how small the room was to have no window as well. I am not claustrophobic, but I could not stay in the room. Unfortunately, all the others were booked and nothing could be done...except me paying for the room due to the cancellation policy and finding somewhere else to stay.

Also, this was the location on Hankow St which does not have a common room. I thought perhaps I would just relax in the common room, and then sleep in the windowless room, but the common area is at another location about a 10 minute walk away.

So be sure to ask if your room has a window!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kinger76
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed in Hop Inn Carnavon for two nights during July 2013 and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are small but clean and perfect for just a couple of nights. There is also a nice common room which makes up for the small rooms. The location is perfect and close to the MTR. The staff was very friendly and was quick to help with finding trains etc. to the airport to catch our flight early in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple