“An affordable place to rest and recover in TST before the next adventure in to the heat and chaos of Hong Kong”
Review of Hop Inn

Hop Inn
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Stayed here twice, last year and this. Each room has a different theme and so makes a pleasant change. The staff are young, friendly and willing to help. More expensive than hostels based in Chunking Mansions but far safer.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I had one night tagged onto a business trip to spend touring in Hong Kong - my first visit. Hop Inn was ideally located - near ferry, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon park, Nathan Road, and just a quick MTR trip from Mongkok markets or Central. Great directions for getting there provided without my asking, clean, well arranged room, air conditioning and TV, clean linens, hot shower - really couldn't have asked for more for the incredibly reasonable price! And the people staffing the desk were friendly, cheerful, efficient - I received an email confirmation of payment after arriving maybe 5 minutes after I paid. I was able to leave my bags in the morning right near the desk - felt confident that they were in a safe spot, and found them already in my room when I returned that evening. Yes my room (single) was tiny - but it had everything I needed and I was only there to sleep - and I saw at least one room - with a double and single bed - that looked very spacious!. I am definitely filing away this lodging choice for any future visit to Hong Kong - recommend it highly for anyone who wants a centrally located, safe, inexpensive option.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Sarahobvt
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Both me and my girl friend made a shopping trip to HK so we decided to stay in hop inn, tsim sa tsui.

Location is good. Near to the jetty, subways.. And has lots of taxi/ bus.

We booked a room with double decker bed. The room is very small, no space to put extra luggage, you would need to tuck the luggage under the bed.love the design of the rooms tho, creative painting.

Room has no window. Toilet Is a good size. Love the toilet n room design. White bathroom! With shampoo n bath gel provided.

Altho small, the room n bathroom is very clean! Love the smell of detol each time we came from shopping. N I like it! Plus point : free wi fi! and water dispenser is also available at the corridor.

The front desk reception is also very helpful n friendly. She even lend us umbrellas when the weather didn't look as sunny. Very nice gesture. Gave us a Lot of info bout shopping in HK!

However, they do not offer laundry
services in hop inn.

Enjoyed our stay here, since the room is just for us to sleep n we are out most of the day.

I would definitely recommend this place for ppl who just wants a clean n comfy room to bunk in n is out most of the day!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Location, Value, Basic, Safe, Helpful.. that probably describes all about Hop Inn.

Location is among the best and for the price, you will find it tough to find a clearner and more friendly place. Rooms are tiny, but atleast the staff are so friendly and helpful.. that if you are a first time visitor to hong kong.. you will love every bit of help they extend.

its useful only if you plan to come here and sleep.. forget anything else..
ideal if you are a backpacker and in for a night or two and need to only get a nights sleep.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Hong Kong hotels generally tend to be very expensive so Hop Inn was an absolute bargain. We picked the cheapest double room so it didn't have an window and was very small with no storage but on a Hong Kong city break you don't really spend any time in your room so none of this matters. The rooms are exceptionally stylish - decorated by local artists. Free wi-fi is also a bonus. Location is the best things about this place though - short stroll to the ferry to get across to Hong Kong Island, plus close to subway station, shopping, bars and restaurants. No complaints about Hop Inn at all for the price.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I would definitely stay here again, and plan to on my next trip, so I highly recommend it to anyone that is considering a trip to Hong Kong.

I enjoyed my stay at Hop Inn. In particular all of the staff that I met were really friendly. My room was comfortable and the hotel felt like a secluded escape from the craziness on the streets below. I was in the Rebecca Yip Bird Lovers room which I liked, but there was construction going on across the street I believe which made it a bit loud in the mornings. At night I enjoyed hearing the people below though and the room gets excellent lighting. The staff were also kind enough to loan a power cable converter for a cheap $10HK deposit which was returned to me when I checked out. They were also very helpful and easy to talk to.

Room Tip: Book early! There are only a few rooms to be had.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Stayed here for the Halloween weekend last year. Halloween here is more like an anime convention than a traditional trick or treat, but it's worth to experience it in Lan Kwai Fong if you love the night life. Bought some costumes (a wig) in ladies market :) The co-owners, Simon and Wilson gave us heaps of local tips and insights, and yes, they speak perfect English, which is a plus in HK.

Also, great location, which is a stroll away from the station. Everything is nearby from pharmacy to convenience store to restaurants.

The room is a bit tiny, which is a typical HK setup where everything is crammed up. Stayed in the first room where I can hear people walk by as they enter the hostel :( Other than that, love the funky drawings on the wall and the tiny details on the spotlight.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business