iclub Wan Chai Hotel
$200
$157
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
Trip.com
$165
$152
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$134
$113
$143
$113
$106
$80
Agoda.com
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$71
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewswan chaijohnston roadtram stopmicrowave ovenliving roomtea and coffeeconvenient locationbig roomconvention centerfamily suiteregal hotelmin walkunderground stationexcellent locationtwo blocksrooms are modernbigger room
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here for a week at the beginning of February. I arrived after an extended multi flight trip, so was extremely shattered to say the least on arriving at the hotel. Someone mentioned that taxi drivers dont seem to know the location of this hotel, and I had the same problem. Mentioning Johnstone Road helped though and he found it OK.
The reception staff were very courteous and one of them came and even operated the lift to my room. (I was really spaced out after 20 hours travel )
The room I had was spacious, on the 19th floor. Spotless inside, and has a very handy safe in one of the cupboards. A Fridge too, with bottled water supplied each day., and a superb shower in the bathroom. (probably the best I have ever experienced)
The bed was extremely comfortable, and the white and chrome finish in the room really appealed to me. WI-FI is excellent, always available and super fast too.
Breakfast was a little chaotic, space being rather limited. All I ever need in the morning is good coffee and that was there in abundance.
The location is superb, with everything in walking distance and you are at the heart of it all.
I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again, and probably will. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Wan Chai at the iClub.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors, even facing south you have a street view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sandozer
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Awful stay. Looks more like a hostel than a hotel. Terrible staff, very unprofessional, not even polite. Yes, location is good, but the overall value for money isn't. If you re traveling as a couple, better ask for the twin beds room, the couple travelling with me stayed at a room ending in 02 and it was so small it was almost a joke. Like the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights last weekend. The hotel was ok, but not great. The first room we booked was very very small so we upgraded and moved rooms. The second room was much bigger and we were happy in the new room. The good things about this hotel: 12pm checkout, comfy bed, liked the fridge and microwave in the room, lots of clothes storage, free internet in the breakfast room, helpful reception people. The downside: everything is a little tired and looks like it needs a good clean and repaint, they charged us extra for the third night (because it was New Years but we didn't know this would happen until we checked out), the reception is fine but its not akin to most hotels, more like a hostel I suppose, the area isn't that great (Its safe and handy for the MTR but the local pubs and bars are a bit seedy). Overall it was a fine place to stay for exploring Hong Kong island and a useful base but it's not a hotel to enjoy and spend a lot of time in.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FernEdinburgh
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Regal iClub from Friday till Wednesday morning over 2013 Chinese new year; the purpose of my visit was to get the hell out of Beijing for a few days since everything shuts down and it was far too expensive to fly back to Canada for a week. If you are planning to stay here read the whole review, I cover it all.

My first impression of the hotel via the reviews was daunting; I thought I was getting into a not so nice place for the price but thought hey I won't be in the room too often. A lot of people wrote reviews about how the beds were too hard, the staff were unfriendly, the rooms were dirty and the staff didnt change the linens or towels often enough ... well if that WAS the case the hotel management has rectified the issues.

Location: Great - a sub 5 min walk to Wan Chai station, lots of trams ... a ~15 min walk to Admiralty / ~30 min walk to Central (I recommend the longer walk along HK park, quite a nice break from lousy filthy air Beijing). Lots of restaurants around including Wooloomooloo steakhouse with a rooftop bar with crazy views of the island and city - suggested. The Wanchai bar district is down the street but I spent most of my time in other areas.

Room: To tell you the truth the business room was a decent size, I didnt mind how unbelievably white the decor is or the glass bathroom (couples might not like this even though there are curtains) ... it just makes the room feel bigger. The floors are marble which some people might not be too keen on however I like them - easier to clean, and cooler in the summer.

There is no couch but two roller desk chairs. There is no "view" on the lower floors (I was on 11) but there might be up higher.

Non-Smoking: There are (I think) only 6 rooms per floor and it is strictly non-smoking which is awesome - the room smelt fresh - not like the Chinese hotel rooms I am use to on the mainland.

The room was spotless, they changed my bed sheets every second day and towels every day; only complaint is they did'nt refill the kleenex until the second last day. Shower has great water pressure (although you are instructed to keep the bathroom door closed so the fire alarm doesnt go off ... that being said the bathroom does not get foggy at all). The bed was actually pretty comfortable - I have stayed on MUCH harder beds in China; the pillows were great.

TV has quite a few channels; internet is pretty fast but I have had faster at other places in HK - trust me though its about 1000 times faster than Beijing. Its wireless throughout the building and nearly halfway down the street which is a plus.

The only time I ever heard anything was when there were a few kids running / screaming down the hallway; I had the TV on when I left the room once and the auto electrical did'nt shut it off in time and I could hear it still on at the elevator so maybe not a good idea to um do anything too loud in the room ;) unless that's your thing.

Amenities: There is no pool or gym or room service or anything like that - this is a "business hotel"; if you want those sort of things be prepared to spend double. There is a microwave and a mini fridge (with nothing inside) but just two cups (oh and a kettle - they do supply instant coffee but there are so many starbucks and other places around).

Apparently there is a breakfast room but I never woke up in time for it; there is a free coffee machine in the lobby though which is on 24hrs.

Staff: The front desk girls were friendly - they said hi every time; frankly for certain people who may not be friendly to hotel staff dont expect a hello - you get what you put in. There is not much they can necessarily do for you besides point you in the right direction for places, they are not tourist guides, they work in a tiny lobby. One thing I did notice about the lobby though is there is no really secure luggage depot, instead they chain everyone's luggage together (I did'nt need to use this service but it looked safe enough as there are always two people in the lobby).

Booking: I recommend booking directly with the hotel - found out it was cheaper that way than through Expedia after I booked with Expedia (was same price as Hotels.com). Given the price and the reason it was a personal trip (rather than my work paying for it - I would have gone somewhere a little more expensive!) I would stay here again for sure.

Conclusion: Probably the best value for a short trip

Room Tip: Get the business room, it is a bit bigger and pretty much the same price.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Regal iClub is magnificently situated in the heart of Hong Kong. It is in Wan Chai, which is two metro stops from the main business center and one metro stop from the major shopping district of Causeway Bay. If you're going to either, though, forget the metro (MTR) and use the super-cheap double-decker trams located immediately in front of the hotel. A few blocks to the west is Hong Kong's main outdoor/indoor fruit market, a few blocks to the west are chain coffee shops Starbucks and Pacific Coffee, and directly across the street is a (somewhat hidden) basement supermarket. Really, the location couldn't be more ideal for touring the city.

The hotel itself is well-furnished and everything seems to be brand-new. Everything worked in our room -- which is saying a lot for a hotel of any price class. We had the more spacious upgraded "business class" room with a king size bed; my understanding is that the more modest queen bed rooms are very, very small. That said, the hotel is in the middle of the most densely populated place on earth, so that shouldn't be surprising.

The hotel has free wireless internet that is truly high-speed. A great experience there.

The free hotel breakfast is pretty pathetic (yogurt, cereal, toast) and the breakfast room is too small to accommodate all the hotel's guests, but there are a million food options immediately outside the hotel doors.

All in all, we were very pleased with out experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple