Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
$56
Expedia.com$67
Hotels.com$67
Prestigia.com$131
All reviews tram stop chai causeway bay microwave mtr hk sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stay from 15 - 19 Sept 2012 with my gf. She was very please with the hotel. It's was my second stay here and recommend this hotel to her.

Room was clean thou not big but the mirrors make the room looks "spacious". Only bad thing is the towel do smells at time and I experience this the previous stay too.

The counter service staff was helpful and friendly but the breakfast is not nice and we had to eat outside food every morning thou we pay for it.

The worst is yet to come on 17 Sept when we were woke up by a loud siren inside our room at 3am. It sounded for a mins and goes off and it sounds every few minutes, calls to the reception was not answer and no one know what happened. We saw other guests at the floor level wondering what is happening too.

It's was until we heard siren of fire engines did we gather our stuff and left the room and make our way to the hotel lobby. There was a fire stroke light at the lift landing but it's was not lighted up to indicate a fire.

Everyone was in a mess and didn't know what happen. Hotel staff only mention that it's could be someone smoking in the room and activated the smoke detector and we'll not given any green light to go back to our room till the Wan Chai fire officers came to us to assure us everything was fine.

We went back to our room and try to sleep again but with fear in our hearts and it's was till 4am and the siren sound once more time, i called the reception but noone answer again. This time noone bother to go to the lobby.

If it's was a real fire, everyone will be burned.

I felt the whole suitation was handle badly by the hotel. No words on what happen and no apologies or any form of written letter to explain what happen that early morning.

It's left a very fearful experience stay and I would think twice staying in this hotel again.

The whole experience spoil everything thou I know it's beyond control by the hotel but at least some form of explaination to the hotel guest.

Lastly, I salute the Wan Chai fire officer quick and fast response to the hotel and carry out check and give us assurance.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles N
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Regal iClub. :)

Highly recommended for lone travelers and couples.

Rooms are small, but that wasn't really a problem for me given that most rooms in Hong Kong are tiny.

What's important for me is cleanliness and this hotel was very clean. Hotel staff cleaned the room daily and replenished soap and shampoo.

Location was very good. It is about a five minute walk to Wan Chai station.

The breakfast room on the fifth floor is a bit small and the breakfast is simple - croissants, muffins, cereal and juice. No complaints from me though. :) you may need to wait a bit before you can sit down.

My only complaint was an incident that affected the entire hotel the other day at 3am. Someone smoked in their room and the fire alarms for the whole building went off and didn't shut off for about 30 minutes. It wasn't the hotels fault but they should make it clear that their smoke detectors are extra sensitive, even when taking a hot shower!!! :)

Oh and one more thing.. If you have very noisy neighbors (in my case there were young screaming kids next door) you will probably hear them. The rooms are not entirely sound proof. But I'm a light sleeper and this wasn't really that much of a problem.

Other than that, i enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back. :)

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Having helpful staff at reception would be a good start to improving this hotel. The location is good and they have the potential to be an ideal place to stay for business travellers. The breakfast should be scrapped as not once did we eat the pathetic offering of food in this tiny hot room.
I knew to expect a small room as this seems to be the HK norm however I did not expect the room to smell of dampness and have water stains on the walls. I suspect it is a leaking building as the dampness was evident in a few places.
Other negative reviews dating back several months are reponded to with messages of thanks and promises of improvements, but I could see no evidence of any.
Come on Management...you might be missing out on future business by not addressing the same issues that keep being bought to your attention! I know that I will be staying elsewhere from now on.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Kiwi72222
RegaliclubHotel, Manager at iclub Wan Chai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear valuable guest

Warm Greetings from Regal iClub Hotel.

Thank you very much for taking your precious time leaving constructive comments to us, which would definitely keep us striving to provide quality service to our valued guests.

We are very regret to learn of iLounge condition is not to your expectation during your recent stay with us. Concerned department heads are informed of the situation and rectification has been done to improve the status. We shall also strengthen our internal inspection procedure to ensure proper standards are observed at all times.

Comments on the size of iLounge have been well noted. Please rest assure that we are working out alternative to increase the capacity of the lounge for guest convenience.

Thank you for staying with us again and please accept our reserved apologies for the shortcomings. Hope that you would allow us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in your visits to Hong Kong in a not too distant future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is one funky and modern hotel with an excellent location with walking distance to the subway. The room was simply modern with lots of glass and lots of white with modern furniture. The usual excellent features expected from a modern hotel such as free WiFi, iPod dock, Flat screen TV etc.

The breakfast room is the smallest I have seen with a very small choice of pastry and kids style packed cereals. So if you are big in to your breakie, I would forget about eating at the hotel and check out the big choice within the vicinity of the hotel. The price for your room is reasonable, so you can afford to spend the savings on a nice breakfast outside.

Overall, this is one very well priced, pleasing and very confortable hotel for a place like Hong Kong.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank DGAB
RegaliclubHotel, Manager at iclub Wan Chai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear valuable guest

Warm greetings from Regal iClub Hotel.

It is grateful to learn you enjoyed staying with us recently. Your precious comment would definitely keep us striving to provide quality service to our valued guest.

Once again, thank you very much for chosen to stay with us and it is our honor to receive your future visits to Hong Kong.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The hotel is nicely situated, rooms are clean, light, calm though the size is really greedy...
But the stuff... sorry, i've never had such experience: if you expect any kind of reaction of the receptionists, forget about that!! They really don't care about the guests. No idea about the reason to behave like this. But it looked very sad...
To their shame, they have to stop to offer B&B cause nobody can call a set of fake coffee, buns and jam as a real breakfast! Was enough to visit this strange, dirty and small breakfast room just first morning, very dissapointment.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Alex A

Dear valuable guest

Warm greetings from Regal iClub Hotel.

We are indeed sorry to learn that our service is not to your expectation during your stay with us recently.

Please rest assured that trainings have been delivered to all associates on offering warm hospitality. Your comment on the size of the iLounge and quality of food & beverage were also well noted. With the tight situation in the iLounge, we are providing paper containers for takeway breakfast to ease of the traffic. We are also looking for alternative to increase the capacity of the lounge.

Thank you very much for staying with us and please accept our sincere apologies for the shortcomings. Hope that you would allow us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in your future visits to Hong Kong.