Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
$80
Vio.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were lucky to find out about Mr Chan's Guest House before our first visit to Hong Kong in 2000 and we return here whenever we come to the city. You can't beat the location in Tsim Sha Tsui. Nearby buses and underground make it easy to visit all the central areas of the city. There is a huge range of restaurants on the doorstep. We have found the staff always polite and helpful.
Many reviewers have remarked on the small rooms and if, like us, you plan to stay for several nights it is definitely worth paying the extra and booking a triple room for two people. Rooms are clean and serviced daily. Each of the two floors has a fridge and there is internet access at reception. A welcome addition on our latest visit was free wi-fi.
A tip if you want a delicious, reasonably priced lunch. Visit the YMCA near the Peninsula Hotel and go to the fourth floor for their buffet. There is a great view, too, over to the Island and you can watch a procession of wedding parties having their photos taken outside the registry office just across the road.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Lee's Guest House is in the perfect location to get around and see the rest of Hong Kong.

I was in the cheapest room and there's no other way to describe it other than as cramped and tiny. There was no window. The bed was comfy though with a half decent price and I consider the accommodations as good considering what I paid.

The service at the front desk was amazing though, it made all the difference in the world. I'd stay here again for sure (though I'd probably upgrade to a better room next time).

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I was nicely surprised when I visited some rooms: 'bright & clean' was my first impression. A bit more pricey than what you could find in the Chunking Mansions, but still very cheap for what you're getting: shower inside, good air-con, TV, windows. Located in the center of Tsim Sha Tsui, that's pretty much all you need when visiting Hong Kong!
All my ratings below as well as my opinion are made in comparison to other guest houses in I've been to in HK, so don't expect a Grand Hyatt ;-)

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We are a couple that stayed at Lee Garden Guest House in a private room with an ensuite (room F). We were well aware of the small closet sized rooms in HK so we were prepared. Our room is small, but for the price (and location) it's all you really need. We spent most of our time exploring the city and just slept/showered here. Our room had enough space for 2 large suitcases, and enough hooks/hangers to hang up stuff. I think our room is actually a little bigger than some of the other rooms. So try get this room if you can.

The toilet/bathroom is tiny, but too be expected. The room is clean and serviced every day, with fresh towels and toiletries. There is also a TV in the room which is a plus!

Charlie was really friendly and speaks good English. For a quiet, safe, and clean place, I'd definitely recommend this place. Location is a BIG PLUS! Everything close by - restaurants, massage places, shops, metro.

Note: This is not a typical hostel, as there is no common area to 'hang', so it's probably not a good place if you're a solo traveler wanting to mingle or meet people.

Room tip: I can recommend room F. It was quiet and had more space than the others. There is also a fire escape door in this room with a small 'balcony'. Not sure if you can use it, but nice anyway.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie P
Reviewed December 15, 2012

stayed there for 4 nights. Only plus point about the guesthouse is it's location. It's located at Tsim Sha Tsui, highly accessible to everywhere. The room is really small. We stayed in a triple bedroom with bathroom in it. The double bed is really small for 2 people to share and the single bed is smaller seemed smaller than the usual single bed. Walking space is minimal with all the luggages in the room as well. There's only 2 powerplugs which limit the number of devices that can be charged at any one time.

The bathroom is REALLY small. There is no way that you can bathe without your clothes hanging at the side getting wet. The showerhead is kind of faulty with water squirting out at the back. There is hot water for bathing. Toiletries are changed everyday but the towels don't seem very clean as there were stains on them though they were new.

All in all, I would recommend the place only if you are running low on budget.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends