Lee Garden Guest House
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
$178
$129
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$144
$80
$177
$152
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$71
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are smallcold drinking watera solo female travellertsim sha tsuifree wifibudget optionbig luggagewifi worked wellsingle bedmajor attractionsdouble roomreception areaair conditionerchungking mansionstreet levelfantastic locationguesthouse
Reviewed December 15, 2012

stayed there for 4 nights. Only plus point about the guesthouse is it's location. It's located at Tsim Sha Tsui, highly accessible to everywhere. The room is really small. We stayed in a triple bedroom with bathroom in it. The double bed is really small for 2 people to share and the single bed is smaller seemed smaller than the usual single bed. Walking space is minimal with all the luggages in the room as well. There's only 2 powerplugs which limit the number of devices that can be charged at any one time.

The bathroom is REALLY small. There is no way that you can bathe without your clothes hanging at the side getting wet. The showerhead is kind of faulty with water squirting out at the back. There is hot water for bathing. Toiletries are changed everyday but the towels don't seem very clean as there were stains on them though they were new.

All in all, I would recommend the place only if you are running low on budget.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Went there last May 2012. The room and bathroom/toilet was very small but we didn't feel constricted.My husband and I stayed in the room. The room was clean and A/C was working fine.Bed sheets were clean.Also the hot shower was working fine. The location of the place is really good. It's like 3-5minutes walk to the mtr. You can also walk going to Avenue of Stars, LV store, museum , shopping area, etc. The receptionists were very nice to us.(1-2 women at the reception area) We are like 11 people during that time(entire family). We bought Disney and Ocean Park tickets from them. We asked for directions at times, and they helped us with that too. Even though the room is really small, I guess that's common in hk, I felt safe here. I mean we go out at night to buy at a nearby food store/ fastfood restaurant and there are still lot of people outside and streets were lit.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine S
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Just came from HK and stayed here for 2 nights..location of guest house is perfect for travellers bec its very near the MTR. although it has small rooms it was never a problem because it offered comfort to me and my whole family..you know it is a good place to stay because they are always fully booked, so be sure to get an advance booking..good for people with tight budget but it's all worth your penny.. downside> they only accept cash..so just be prepared..surely I will go back here again if I decide to visit HK soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JosephPogi
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I travelled solo recently and stayed for a night. As a solo female traveller, I felt pretty safe (even late at night) and most certainly did not have to wait very long for the lift, though it is rather cramped and only accommodates 4-5 people (with luggage in tow).

I was delighted to find that it is centrally located in the heart of TST. The MTR station is just a short walk away (perhaps 5-10min?). The Airport Express Bus A21 stops just at the end of the street (near Park Hotel), which makes it convenient and cheap to get here from HKIA.

Amenities are basic but comfortable. Cleanliness was wayyyy better what I experienced at the supposed 4* hotel along Prat Ave. I am a stickler for cleanliness - yet the only two gripes I have are that 1) the towels seemed a little yellow and old; 2) there were some black-ish things I found on my bed in the morning, which I suppose came from the air-conditioning unit (also a bit old). Other than that, I think the room was pretty functional and adequately clean. The free wifi and hot shower worked like a charm, so I didn't have much to complain about. Do note, however, that the complimentary boiled water, the microwave and fridge are all outside the room, for communal use.

The staff can speak a variety of languages, apart from English and Cantonese. I once witnessed the matronly lady behind the counter converse fluently in Japanese before switching back to English to address me.

A quick look at the shops around the area also seemed interesting - the DNA mall, Charlie Brown Cafe, Wu Dai Tong Tang (dessert shop), etc.

Overall, I would say this place holds great value for money! Based on location, space and amenities at this price... I'd say it's a steal! A lot more bang for your buck if you stay here rather than at the other pricier options nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank emscheong
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The good: it's centrally located, in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, just off Nathan Road (and will give, especially female travellers, a safer feeling compared to the infamous Chungking Mansions). The staff is very friendly and uttermost helpful with any kind of request (and versatile in different languages as well!); Rooms are clean and cleaned every day;

The bad: it might be a problem if you are not used to small rooms and limited space... Also spotted some very small insects crawling near the bed, but it might just have been an isolated case.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple