See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed a couple nights in a four bed dorm. I feel like we mostly got what we paid for. The bathroom was in a poor state - there were a lot of personal items (soap/toothpaste etc) which had clearly been there some time, and also given the number of people at the hostel at the time we stayed, the items must have belonged to people who had already moved on. At the end of the day it was a bed to sleep on, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for anything more than that.

Pros:
- close to train station.
- air conditioning.
- price.
- provided with bottled water to fill yiur own bottle with.
- lockers

Cons:
- hard beds.
- unclean/messy bathroom.
- shower without a door/curtain.
- general need for a lick of paint.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DiscoStace
Reviewed June 18, 2015

Stayed at Asia Inn for 2 nights in HK.
My mom was the one who booked it and I was honestly quite shocked when I visited ChungKing mansion for the first time, as there are many people downstairs promoting their guesthouse.
However they are harmless and I got used to the environment on the first night.

Asia Inn is very good value for your money. The room was clean & well-equipped, there is toilet with heater, WIFI, (honestly) comfortable beds, soap and even a full-length mirror for vain people like me haha.

The service of the staff is excellent! Sam was the one who attended to us that night and he was really patient with us (we booked a wrong room by accident). He is v cheerful, which really made a difference after a tiring flight. He even helped us with our luggage when we left.

Asia Inn is no 5 star hotel of course, but given the price it doesn't get better than this.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank zoe19999
Reviewed February 22, 2015

I was somewhat worried about my stay here as the reviews were not great, but was pleasantly surprised. We had a three bed room and it was small but not horrible. We stayed on the 10th floor and felt completely safe. The rooms were clean and we had a tv. The bathroom was quite tiny, and the water heater didn't provide a lot of hot water. We had seen other complaints about the elevator, and have to agree that the elevator was a bit of a pain, but not horrible.
Overall, it's in a perfect location and is definitely a great deal for budget travelers.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed November 15, 2014

We stayed in a 4 bed room. To say it was small would be an understatement. I was fully aware that rooms in the Mong Kok area were small prior to booking but this was uncomfortably claustrophobic and we had windows! There were 4 of us staying in the room, with only one person being able to move around the room at any one time. The other 3 had to stay on their bed otherwise it would end up like a Mong Kok traffic jam in a cupboard 8 floors above the street! That being said the shower was also small, limited hot water and depending on your size, half of you would be in the bathroom the other half hanging out the doorway into the bedroom!
The staff were friendly and rooms clean. I would recommend buying a bigger room than the number of people in your party if you are to stay here, it is relatively cheap so buying a 6 bed room for 4 of you is highly advisable!
Great location to everything in Mong Kok, the MTR station and night market are across the road!

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We spent 3 nights at A Shan or A Inn Hostel in Mongkok and were pleased with the service. Booked this place through hostelbookers.com months in advance. However upon arrival at the place, they couldn't seem to find out reservations. Finally after researching they were able to find our reservation but our rooms were not available. They did offer an alternative for 1 night - 7 people sharing in 1 bedroom instead of 2 which we accepted. Were able to get own rooms the next day. Yolly and Fiona are so friendly and helpful since they speak English well. Hostel is near the ladies and night market with MTR and bus stations close by. Very accessible and lots of eatery on the site. Rooms are small but clean and reasonable for the budget price! We will definitely stay there next time we visit Hongkong. There is no Fitness center on this place.

Date of stay: November 2013