“Very good if you're looking for something very cheap”

and 1 more site!
Loi Loi Guest House
Ranked #295 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Manila, Philippines
“Very good if you're looking for something very cheap”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We rented the room with four beds for 4 nights. The room is big enough to fit only the beds and a couple of night stands. The bathroom was claustrophobic but clean. There was TV but all the channels are local so we never used it.
They provided towels but it smelled funny so we ended up using it for the floor. There was hot water for the shower and hot water in the hallway to cook our cup noodles
The place is right beside the MTR station and has two 7-elevens on either side of the building which was a huge plus especially from all the walking we had to do.
The landlady was nice and their help/assistant was a Filipina which made communicating in English or Filipino easier for us. Security also seemed good because of the double doors and guards at the building lobby.
Unfortunately in our second night, a cockroach landed on my pillow. It disappeared after we chased it only to show itself again inside my friend's shoe on our last day!!! Strangely enough, I wasn't angry and it didn't affect my stay as I knew it was only a fluke since the rooms looked clean and well maintained. We asked for clean sheets and the landlady changed it as soon as we left for the day.

All in all, it is a good place if you're looking for a budget place and have low expectations. I wouldn't mind staying here again if I was still on a tight budget.

Room Tip: Get the rooms furthest from the hallway as these have windows that lead to the street. The other roo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank martsmoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Room was very small but just enough for two people. They had toiletries for guests too. It was clean outside but do not expect anything else from thr building where it is. The lady receptionist was very kind and spoke good english too which is enough for me.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank hik19
Seoul
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here due to good ratings I saw about this on agoda.com and other sites. It's in a happening part of Hong Kong but you do get what you pay for. I got a double and ended up with a triple, as in one double bed and one single bed. The place was uber small and taking a shower was tough in the tiny bathroom. I will say, however, that the owner was a nice lady and the place was clean and relatively safe. I stayed just two nights and I think that was enough. If you don't have enough to shell out on hotels, I think Hong Kong is best skipped.

I'm not sure if I can recommend this place since the rooms are so small but I guess there is a market for budget travel in Hong Kong. So I'd say I give this a meager thumbs up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple