1,265 results
All reviewstai koorooftop barcity plazabusiness hotelcorner roommtr stationfeast restaurantquarry bayshopping mallopen bathroomtop floorbusiness tripharbour viewfloor to ceiling windowsmodern hotellarge mallapple tv
Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

Love the room, in particular the design of the vanity with glass and mirror to look out at the view (with tinted glass for privacy). Was also impressed that the room had power adaptors for appliances. Finally, was impressed that the staff were very concerned about me going to work in a typhoon and explained the typhoon warning system and likelihood my office would be empty. (Going above and beyond, in my opinion, given that I didn't ask them about this.)

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
JWallace, Hotel Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2016

Thank you very much for the kind comments you posted on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at EAST, Hong Kong.

Delighted to hear that you are a fan of our hotel - pleased that you liked the design of your guest room and appreciated all of the additional amenities that we provide.

It's reassuring that you think our team provide a good level of service - we consider our people to be our most important asset and work diligently to hand-pick and encourage our team to be as service-orientated and natural as possible - this is very much part of the brand ethos at Swire Hotels.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

I'm still actually staying at this hotel as I am working in Hong Kong for a couple of weeks. It's a lovely hotel. The bedrooms are really comfortable and I think one of the most comfy beds I have ever slept in which is so important when you are away from home.
The staff are really friendly and so helpful. There's been a typhoon whilst I have been staying and from the inside, you would have no idea as the staff have been wonderful.
It's a great location and easy to get into Central with a fabulous mall next door.
I guess my only disappointment is that I'm here for two weeks and would have loved a room higher up to enjoy the views with Apple TV but at least I can visit Sugar, the bar in the 32nd floor which has the best views of Hong Kong!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business

Thank you very much for all of your kind comments you posted on TripAdvisor with regards to your current stay at EAST, Hong Kong.

Delighted to hear that you are a fan of our hotel. Very pleased that you like your guest room and that you find the bed comfortable. I'm glad also that you think we are conveniently located.

Sugar is regularly commented on by many of our guests and I am delighted that you have enjoyed your time up in our roof-top bar.

Thank you again for taking the time to give such constructive and positive feedback and in the meantime, we very much look forward to welcoming you back to EAST, Hong Kong in the not too distant future. On on that note, please do feel free to contact me directly for future bookings as I would be delighted to take care of your future reservation personally, to see if we might be able to allocate you a room with Apple TV and a view of the harbour.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

This place looked stylish and chilled so my husband booked it for a bank holiday staycation (we live in HK).

I was glad overall that we did. We booked an offer that gave us a free upgrade to a harbour view room. This was definitely worth it and I recommend looking for a similar offer.

Primarily a business hotel means it does not have a spa but it has a fitness suite and outdoor pool. The highlight for us though was the excellent rooftop bar Sugar. Excellent cocktails and some of the best views in Hong Kong. The sunset was spectacular.

The room itself was of a good standard but starting to show its age a little. Needs a bit of spruce up with regard to chipped paint and bathroom fixtures getting a little well used.

Toilet was separate to the shower in a little partition room with glass wall. This was fine for us as we are married but bear this in mind as it's not exactly private ha ha! Shower was of a very good standard with lovely Elemis toiletries.

Bed was very comfortable and a smartphone was provided by the hotel. As HK residents we didn't need this but it would be very useful if you come from abroad.

Breakfast was of a decent standard with enough western and Asian choices. Service was a little slow would be my only criticism.

Overall staff were friendly and spoke good English.

Hotel is very near the MTR and it's only around 15 mins to Central yet much more chilled and quiet. Taxis seemed frequent too.

Overall I'd recommend this place as a good value boutique place to stay in HK.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for all of your kind comments you posted on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at EAST, Hong Kong. Very pleased indeed that you chose us as your preferred ‘stay-cation’ option.

Delighted to hear that you are a fan of our hotel and that you think we are conveniently located. Also thrilled that you think we offer good value for money.

Sorry, however, that you found the room a little tired. We do inspect our guest rooms on a regular basis and have a thorough preventative maintenance program in place. Thank you for pointing these issues out and we will be sure to address these defects. Pleased though that you found the bed comfortable.

And I was glad to learn that you appreciated our new Handy device - we recently installed these into all of our guest rooms. In a short space of time, we have had many positive comments like yours and we are delighted Handy is adding value to our guests' overall experience.

Sugar and Feast are regularly commented on by many of our guests and very pleased to hear that you also enjoyed your time up in our roof-top bar and in our 1st floor restaurant. Your comment about the service in Feast being a little on the slow-side is very much taken on board and we have already share and addressed this point with the team.

Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Great business hotel within walking distance to Quarry Bay. Superb service, great food (Feast), amazing bar on the top floor, with awesome harbour views (Sugar).

The rooms are small, but very well designed. If you get a corner room with harbour views, on a good day, its amazing..... like a room in the sky ....

East also offers apple TV in some rooms, which is great to airplay movies from your ipad/iphone to the TV in the room.

Great shower, beds, pillows, linen.... quiet room ... my favorite business hotel in HK ....

Did I say top staff??? Really excellent service.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
JWallace, Hotel Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Delighted to hear that you are a fan of our hotel and that you like our guest rooms. Pleased that you like the hotel's proximity and that you find it convenient being able to walk to Quarry Bay.

Feast and Sugar are regularly commented on by our guests and I am delighted that you also enjoyed your time in our first floor restaurant and up on the 32nd floor. Thrilled that you enjoyed the views from our roof-top bar.

Glad also that you appreciated the Apple TV facility in your room.

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

Excellent as always!
Hotel was busy so only twin rooms left. But still; quiet, comfy; amazing views if you're on the water side and breakfast is always very very good.
First choice for hotel in Hong Kong.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
JWallace, Hotel Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at EAST, Hong Kong.

We are delighted that you are a fan of our hotel and that you like our guest rooms.

Feast is regularly commented on by our guests and happy to hear that you also enjoyed your time in our first floor restaurant.

Thank you once again for taking the time to give such constructive and positive feedback and in the meantime, we very much look forward to welcoming you back to EAST, Hong Kong in the not too distant future.