“Great service! Great ambiance & music! ”
Review of EAST Hong Kong

EAST Hong Kong
Ranked #33 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great service! Great ambiance & music! ”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I've been in both the urban & harbor view rooms... Room wise it's all the same except for the view.. For those who are bashful they have electronic black out window shades that come down full with a touch of a button that give you total privacy. So I'm not sure why the other guests commented on being able to look into others apartment.. The view of the harbor is nice but nothing really spectacular that I would pay hundreds more for the room..

Service, ambiance of the hotel was great! Hotel is trendy & the music in the lobby, restos & elevators is up beat house music. All rooms no matter the view have IPods with uploaded music that is current.. I thought this was a very nice touch to have great music.. They even sell CDs of their music compilations.. No rap, heavy metal or crappy music here.. Just classy music... Lol!

Very convenient with the biggest mall in HK right next to it as well as the MTR Tai Koo station.. Taxis que is right outside..

I would stay here again..

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Antonino20
Dear Antonino,

Many thanks for your recent review of EAST, Hong Kong. It is great to learn that you enjoy staying with us every time and we are grateful for your loyalty and continued business. Thank you for mentioning the service quality and the ambiance of the hotel - we aim for a non-traditional hotel feel and from your review it shows that we are exceeding expectations. We look forward to serving you once again in a very near future and until then we remain at your service for anything you may need.

Kind regards,

EAST, Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Friends, enjoyed a nice change of pace while staying at the trendy, chic, but not overly, East Hong Kong during a recent business trip. From the uniforms worn by the staff, complete w/ Chuck Taylor black converse tennis shoes and superb but not over the top service, a refreshing change to the many hotels we as business travelers check in and out on a weekly basis. Seems the staff is having fun too, their attention to detail and desire to assist you in every manner, harkens back the day when - and dare I print this - the English had a hand in overseeing your stay... in short, heck of a nice place, good location, near lot's of good eats and very convenient to the MRT, everything about this place says, "come back and stay with us again... !"

Room Tip: My room was facing Quarry Bay, nice room and view.
1 Thank Owen J
Dear Owen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of EAST, Hong Kong with the TripAdvisor community. We're delighted that we were able to provide a change of pace for you during your visit to Hong Kong. Your review truly highlights everything we aimed to achieve when we built our hotel, and we're very proud that the fact that we are having fun at work shows. We hope to have many more opportunities to continue taking great care of you and look forward to your next visit.

McLean, Virginia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend a few months ago and was amazed by the stellar architecture and sky high views. We stayed in a room on the 28th floor with a view overlooking the harbor. The service was excellent and we were given some little gifts and amenities to enjoy for the special occasion we were celebrating. The location is perfectly convenient, right above an MTR station and the staff was excellent with getting us taxis and directing us to the places we wanted to see. Overall, I found the hotel affordable and a great destination for a classy and comfortable stay. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that if you aren't on a business trip and are looking for something more spa-like and luxurious, you may not be in the right place, but otherwise I felt it was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to know that you enjoyed staying with us for the special occasion you were celebrating and that you found the service our team provided excellent. We appreciate you mentioning our convenient location, but more than anything we're proud to know that our team was helpful, friendly and efficient. We look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you in Hong Kong.

Hotel Manager,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Located conveniently next to City Plaza shopping mall and Tai Koo MTR station, this is a very good business hotel with excellent and professional service.

There is also a great rooftop bar called Sugar (32nd Floor) providing a good view of the harbour and a nice way to have a few drinks in the evening.

Only downside I experienced was the view from the room - unfortunately, this faced a residential estate where literally thousands of locals could look in so my blinds were left down during my whole stay.

Apart from this, I would definitely stay here again (and would ask for a room facing the harbour)

Room Tip: Choose a room with a harbour view
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I'd like to express our sincere gratitude for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We love the fact that you mentioned the quality of our service first and foremost, as this is the reason we believe we stand out. Further, thank you for mentioning Sugar and all it has to offer. I agree with you in that the view of the harbour makes a tremendous difference, and I will be happy to assist with an upgrade if possible for your next stay. Simply contact me directly at davidarraya@swirehotels.com when making your booking, and I will take care of the rest. I hope your next trip to Hong Kong will be very soon, and our entire team will be waiting for you.

GZ
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am frequently at the EAST Hong Kong during my biz travel to Hong Kong. All staff are very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out are very efficient and the invoice can be optionally e-mailed instead of the standard print out. Very convenient to not open up the bag again and stuff the invoice in.
Breakfast is the morning highlight with a good selection of continental food + an additional hot item a la carte. I can highly recommend the evening dinner at FEAST with a great selection of various salads and Mediterranean dishes to feast prior the hot dish.
Rooms are rather on the small side and with a unusual but pleasant layout.
The gym is a bit small and quickly overrun, but 24 hrs access is possible.

Room Tip: high floors (above 20F) facing the ocean have a fantastic view. They are however pricier than lower...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your review and for your trip to travelers on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to EAST, Hong Kong and I am thrilled to learn that you find the hotel perfect for your business travels. I would love to thank you for your repeated business in person, and ask that you contact me directly at davidarraya@swirehotels.com when you visit next so we can catch up over a coffee. Until then, I remain at your service.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This hotel is located in the midst of a residential estate, and just beside a huge shopping mall called City Plaza, and the Taikoo MTR station on the Island Line. From here, it is very easy to travel to the various stations on the Hong Kong Island. I had an Harbour View, though this will be seeing above the tall residential blocks. Within the Hotel, the reception is minimalist design, and this design principle extends to the lift lobbies and corridors of the rooms. Within my room, it is well-designed, and with full-height glass windows. I was offered a free upgrade to the corner room with harbour view, which offers great views both daytime and night.

Dear Thomas,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at EAST, Hong Kong. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your visit and that our team was able to get you an upgrade to a corner room - the view is spectacular, isn't it? We appreciate you mentioning that the location of the hotel is excellent, many people have the perception that Taikoo Shing is far away, when it is in fact very close to everything. I do hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.

Singapore
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at East Hong Kong for 5 nights from 6-10 April 2014.

This is the summary of my experience:

Location: Fantastic! Literally steps away from Tai Koo MTR which is just a few stops from Admiralty MTR interchange. The hotel looks very very new and well maintained.

Amenities: City Plaza which is a massive shopping mall is just a 2 minute stroll away. There is also a huge supermarket at Kornhill Plaza which is just a 5 min stroll away via the other MTR exit.

Room: VERY Spacious by anybody's standards. Bed and sheets were comfy and toiletries were of good quality. There was an iron, hairdryer, mini bar, espresso maker, water kettle, tea station and a large writing desk. Housekeeping was discreet and polite, rooms were immaculately clean. I was staying at the corner room on the 28th Floor.

Soft finishing : Modern and somewhat masculine. Lots of wood and dark grey elements. Ceiling to floor glass windows with an amazing unblocked city view.

Tech stuff : Free wifi in room and lobby area ( reasonably fast!). Flat screen TV, Apple TV and even an ipod dock with an actual ipod that guests use during their stay. Charging station on the writing desk.

Bathroom: Shower and vanity table. Please note that the shower stall is TOTALLY exposed. There isn't a door or even a curtain. May not be suitable for non-couples. :-p. Shower pressure is good.

Service: I would say that service was efficient and swift, but not particularly warm or memorable. Concierge was very business-like and professional which I guess is suitable for a smart hotel, in the business district. But a nice and warm hello would have been nice sometimes. But that's just my personal preference.

Pros: Excellent location, spacious comfortable room, clean facilities and efficient check in/check out. Spectacular room view.

Cons: There are some design flaws with the room. Basically when you are watching television from the bed, your view will be blocked by a writing lamp regardless of which ever angle you turn. And the light switch turns off all lights, including toilet lights. So, if you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, you would need to also turn on the main bedroom lights. This might be disruptive if your partner is a light sleeper who is light-sensitive. And the shower stall is totally exposed. Not all travelers may be comfortable with that. LOL. The A/C can also get a bit noisy if you crank it up. But overall, tiny faults that do not affect much of my stay.

Overall : I would stay at East again ! Excellent !

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room. The room I stayed in was on the 28th floor and the view was amazing. The...
2 Thank fatcat2222
Darraya, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
First of all, I must say that I love your username and image, very original! Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at EAST, Hong Kong. It's always great to hear all the elements that our guests enjoy about their stay, and we are grateful you mentioned so many pros. We also very much appreciate the constructive feedback and use it to continue improving. I have shared your comments with my team and we will look at all of them individually and try to find solutions for them. Hopefully the next time you are back in Hong Kong, we will have the chance to serve you again.