EAST Hong Kong
Conrad Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$344
Conrad
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$183
$232
$234
$195
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$206
Official Site
$166
$145
  • Pool
Park Hotel Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$137
$122
1,227 results
All reviewstai koorooftop barcity plazabusiness hotelcorner roommtr stationfeast restaurantshopping mallquarry bayipod touchopen bathroomtop floorbusiness tripharbour viewfloor to ceiling windowstrendy hotellarge mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were led to believe that the room photos we booked would match reality, and we made our decision based on the photo/price combination, however we were disappointed. You need to be mindful of the following:

I booked a room with the Harbour view but we got a room directly looking at other buildings. We complained to the hotel but the hotel was happy to give us the view we were looking for but for twice as much! I had to send photos and argue my point for a whole month before I was refunded by the booking agency, not the hotel.

This hotel is also quite far from the centre and all happenings.

The standard rooms are tiny. We even got one pair of slippers and one robe although they sold the room as double. It is obvious these rooms are meant for single business travelers.

Toilet is a small enclosed space behind a glass (!) screen and just a few steps from your bed. If you are a couple and of some traditional values, then this is not for you.

On two occasions we returned from the restaurants as the choice was a bit limited.

The funniest of all was when they showed us the suite (with the view) and the only piece of art was a big plastic Godzilla! I still laugh. See my photos.

Reception is very austere and the staff wears business suits and cheap sneakers. This is definitely a younger people's environment.

The shopping mall next door is nothing much either, but they do have a very good and traditional dim sum restaurant in the mall.

My conclusion is that I would absolutely never go back to that hotel and with this experience, would be very careful with all 'modern' hotels.

Room Tip: Only the upper floors like 30, would have a decent view over the Harbour.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sister-karamazov
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This would be my 2nd time staying in this hotel.
Very welcoming by hotel staff and professional service as well by all staff including the housekeeping lady that greet you in the morning or when ever she see you.

This time i stayed on the 29th floor corner unit and the view is magnificent and room is just huge.
Bathroom open rain shower concept that overlook the room and the view outside is unique as well.

Connected to the shopping mall and MTR is a plus as well. Easy access.

Room Tip: This hotel may be a little pricey, so you may want to check if there is a corporate rate.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JenniferCheung, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed the Corner room as much as the service we provided to you. I will definitely share your comment with my team especially Housekeeping which they would love to hear.

Taking the opportunity, I would like to wish you and your family a healthy and properous Year of Snake.

We look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel's a high quality modern design with well thought out rooms and above 20th floor or so with stunning views - I wouldn't want to stay lower. The rooftop bar is lovely with outdoor heating to make it comfortable during the winter. Service was discrete but very good, but the slow lift does let the overall effciency down - lots of grumbling passengers in the morning.
The location's handy for the MTR and this business area although about 20 minutes out of Central Hong Kong.
Would (will?) certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors for better views.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
JenniferCheung, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Martin

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

I have to agree with you 100% that a room with a Harbour View makes a positive impact on the overall staying experience. I'm also very pleased to hear your good comments on our service and Sugar (bar.deck.lounge) and I know our team members will as well when I share with them.

We look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time when you visit us if I can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for the weedend. The Checkin and Checkout was quick and smooth. My room was at 20f facing the sea. THe room was clean and The view was nice. But anything under L20 you will be facing into someone's home. The room itselve was a little bit small. But anything you needed was there. As lots of people have stated. The bath room has no door and the shower is see through. So if you are staying with friends or someone you not that intimate with then it would be wired.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

We are delighted to learn that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the view from your room.

In case you are travelling with friends in the future, we do have rooms where the shower room has a door and it is not completely transparent. Please contact me should you wish to obtain more information or when you have any queries. My email address is jennifercheung@swirehotels.com

Taking the opportunity, I would like to wish you and your family a Healthy and Properous Year of Snake.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Well located near the business hub of the East coast.
Close to the MTR, and the shopping malls.
Clean room with a nice breakfast.

This hotel is located on the East side of the island, you'll probably only stay here for business purpose or visiting friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
JenniferCheung, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, and enjoyed the breakfast at Feast (Food by EAST).

Look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong.