“One word PERFECT”

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in 2012. What makes me come back
The rooms - clean , thoughtfully laid out
IT services - free Internet through hotel + print services etc
Breakfast - well thought out not your run of the mill Buffet
Location - Tai Koo Shing quite side of HK island but only a few stops to causeway bay and central.
Staff - one of the best trained hotel staff I have come across. Always helpful, professional, but yet they were all casual
This hotel,is great for the business traveller and also leisure tourist.
Harbour view rooms are amazing and a must. See you all again soon in 2013.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Willem V, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is great to read that all the things we are very proud you appreciated. From our people philosophy to the way we serve our breakfast and the free Wi-Fi we offer to all our guests, you highlighted them all.

I will share your feedback with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Willem van Emden
Executive Assistant Manager, EAST Hong Kong

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at the East in November for business. Unfortunately I didnt get a harbour view room on this visit but would definitely book one if I visit again. The rooms are lovely and have all the essentials for a business traveller with good WiFi, comfortable bed, great bathroom amenities and MTR Tai Koo station on its doorstep. It was perfect for my business trip

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for three nights over new year 2012. We really enjoyed this hotel. The staff were excellent, helpful and friendly. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. We had a harbor view room which gives superb views over Victoria harbor. The room was large enough for two people to stay comfortably. The hotel breakfast was also excellent. Food was beautifully prepared and stylish. The hotel joins to a large shopping mall with a wide selection of restaurants, shopping and groceries. The MTR station is also only 2 minutes walk away. This is not a tourist area however and the hotel is some 5-6 stops from Central.

My only criticism is that the room seemed only prepared for one person. One chair, one robe etc. The staff were very quick to deliver extras however.

I will stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room for best views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Due to some accidental happening to my home around last December. I was trying to find an accommodation for a week’s stay in hotel. We need two rooms for my family. The first impression when I opened the door of the rooms and found a panoramic view of the Victoria Harbor, both day and night scenery is very beautiful and so attractive feeling.
There are a number of tips of choosing the room as try to request to have upper floors, at least over twentieth floor and sea view of course. I would recommend booking the breakfast as well, as it will charge HK$150 for two instead of walk in breakfast you will charge HK$175 for one. The breakfast is semi-buffet, a set of variety for choosing served from the kitchen. There is a small gym for physical exercise and swimming pool facilities.
The 30th floor have a bar for younger’s and the night time was well booked in advance.
I enjoy the stay in the room with most of cyber facilities provided.

Room Tip: Choose over 20th floor - sea view rooms ,facing the harbour ( north sided)
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
JenniferCheung, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted to learn that you like our hotel and your recommendations of getting a room on higher floor as well as to choose a rate with breakfast are indeed very good tips.

We will launch our new a la carte menu at Feast (Food by EAST) in mid January, and perhaps you could try it out next time when you are around the area.

We hope everything is fine with your home now. Taking the opportunity, we would like to wish you and your family a Happy New Year and all the best for 2013!

Best regards

Jennifer Cheung
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is fantastic. The layout of the room are modern and unique. I believe it is designed for couples not for friends staying together. They is no privacy not even the shower area. The room is quite large which is nice in Hong Kong. The dine in room services is quick and it's presented in a take away box style. Something different compare to other hotels.

The hotel staff are friendly, honest and are willing to pleased. The staff have causal uniforms. I've requested to send a large package back home, the hotel took care of everything from purchasing the box from post office and sending the package. I was impressed by they services and the honesty of returning my money after paying the postage at the post office.

Location wise, it is about 10 to 15 minutes train ride to Causeway Bay or 30 minutes to Tsim Sha Tsui. The tram ride is a better way to go if you want to see Hong Kong island. It's the best place to get on the Tram since it's at the start of the route. Check the destination before you hop on.

Next to hotel is the Cityplaza shopping centre. One of the biggest shopping centre on the eastern side of Hong Kong island. It's where the locals would shop. You won't find many tourist shopping in the centre. It has all the shops you can find in other parts of Hong Kong island plus you dont have to worry about crowds. The food court and restaurants are reasonable price and not as busy as central part of Hong Kong Island.

Room Tip: Request for the rooms above level 21 facing the harbour
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Edward

Thank you for your positive review which will be shared with the team.

We are glad that you have had an enjoyable stay in Hong Kong, and had a chance to try the tram ride.

We look forward to seeing you again at EAST, Hong Kong.

Best regards

Jennifer Cheung
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is decent, but I think overpriced. The layout of the room is a little bit odd, you definitely wouldn't want to stay there with someone you're not intimate with, as the bathroom is open to the main room. TV is in an odd position for watching from bed. The rooms are quite large which is nice in Hong Kong. The staff seemed friendly, but I didn't really deal with them, or take advantage of room service/sugar.

Cons: The check in process took about 20 minutes, I'm not sure if it was the employees fault, or the system, but he had to make about 100 mouse clicks to check me in. The elevators are horrifyingly slow. During the day I would estimate I waited at least 1 minute every time I tried to catch the lift from the lobby, and that night when I came back to the hotel, I remembered to time it, and it took 2 minutes and 19 seconds for the lift to arrive. This is really unacceptable. There were always people waiting for elevators when I arrived.

I think the hotel is overpriced for what it is, and unless you have a need to stay in Taikoo Shing, I think you can find way better deals in Central/Soho area.

Room Tip: Get an iPrefer membership so you can get a free upgrade if available.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank xipher
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Service- Great, friendly, attentative, but missing some soul
Value- Good price for what you get, the rooms are clean a little small but you have some fun gadgets in the room like ipods. the reason why the price is so reasonable is because its far from the center of hong kong being located in tai koo shing and surrounded by the massive housing estate.
I would strongly recommend this hotel but only if you have the time to spare traveling to and from this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank KaspXhotels
Willem V, Manager at EAST Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on our hotel. I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel that we ticked all the boxes.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team and I would like to wish you a great 2013!

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards