“A little gem in the heart of the city”

Butterfly On Morrison
Ranked #80 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was a little apprehensive when I was booking this hotel as I wasn't sure if it would be a good one for my business trip. Even when I saw the small reception I was a little skeptical. But when they showed me my room, I was more than pleasantly surprised. I would say it was one of the best looking rooms I have ever stayed in. Looked like a lot of effort had been put into it's design. There were huge windows on ether side of the bed and and a glass enclosure with blinds right in front of the bed behind which was the bathroom. I got a room on the 21st floor and the view is amazing from there. The only thing missing here was a cafeteria and breakfast. Although, they were in the process of building it when I was there. definitely going back to this one when i visit HongKong again :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly On Morrison, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

We are excited to have exceeded your expectation and it's to so lovely to be one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in. Our face lifting work for enhancing the overall experience especially at lobby has been completed last October, we would be grateful to welcome you back to see our improvement and most importantly to bring you another satisfying stay.

There are newer reviews for Butterfly On Morrison

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The room in Butterfly on Morrison is nice, in the tradition of a boutique hotel. Each floor seems to house four rooms, and there are 28 floors. It takes 20 minutes to walk to Causeway Bay MTR station: first 10 minutes to Times Square, and then another 10 minutes from Times Square to the actual train in Causeway Bay station. Hong Kong is very busy so most hotels are said to be centrally located around food, pubs, shops and public transport. Staff at Butterfly on Morrison are very uneven in terms of service delivery. Some are very delightful in answering questions. Others appear to be blase. This has nothing to do with the hotel, but is part of the Hong Kong service industry: many hotel receptionists, shop sales-staff seem to dislike their customers as if every question asked is troublesome to them. Hong Kong people have a lot to learn from Taiwan and Japan.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hilltriber
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly On Morrison, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to understand that you had a nice stay overall. But it's regretful to hear that you had experienced uneven guest services quality during your stay. Guest services standard has always been an area we proud of ourselves, and that is an important aspect which make us stand out from other hotels. We will definitely look into this issue and to ensure our top quality is maintained. Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back with much improved experience.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Really good location within easy walking distance of 2 metro stations to reach anywhere in the city, and close to shopping malls in causeway bay. Hotel staff were very helpful. Room was large, modern with free wifi and the bed was extremely comfortable. Brilliant value for Hong Kong. The only slight negative for us was the lack of a restaurant meaning we missed breakfast on the days we were up early for trips.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us.We are so delighted that you found us a brilliant value and have enjoyed a comfortable stay.Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your future visit's arrangement, and we can’t wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

if you are not interesting in fake luxury places trhat make you feel fake vip person, butterfly is your place in HK. very clean, super helpful staff, great location and rooms and deluxe rooms are really comfortable
very good value of money and great atmosphere!

Room Tip: no ac noise in higher floors..and happy valley viw is great
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the lovely review. We are so pleased to learn that we continue to exceed your expectations with our guest services and hotel quality. We truly appreciate your support and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have to start by saying that the service was excellent. All of the reception staff was extremely helpful and friendly. When I arrived I found out that I had lost my wallet in the taxi and everyone in the reception went all the way to help me and to make sure I could get to the police station to report the case. I was also pleasantly surprised when I got my wallet back.
The check in was easy and quick. My room was very nice with all the butterflies decoration details. The toilet and shower worked beautifully and the bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The location is quite good. Walking distance from the metro that I used all the time.
Overall, my stay was amazing and that is due to the always welcoming and hospitable reception staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly On Morrison, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your positive review. It’s a huge pleasure to know that the hospitality we provided exceed your expectations. We look forward to offer you another great experience at Butterfly on Morrison soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

i payed ard usd90 for this hotel. room came with tooth brush, hair dryer, safety deposit box, laundry service, soap, shampoo, conditioner, free wifi without id/password,tea/coffee facility although the bed occupied 80pct of the room. breakfast was not included to tjis rate but there was a restaurant on 1st fl. several-Minute walk to airport express courtesy schuttle bus stop novotel century.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly On Morrison, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your positive comments and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I should start by saying that the service was excellent. All of the staff that I had encountered were extremely courteous and extremely helpful. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that check in was easy and quick.

My room, as I had requested, was on a high floor, smokeless, and had an iron and an ironing board.
The room was small, but it was designed well enough to give me space for all my luggage and accoutrements.

The safe worked well. The shower worked beautifully which is in contrast to other comments that I read before I booked this hotel. The trademark butterflies clipped onto the pillows were quite informative and correct in their assessment of the pillows.

My only concern with my stay was the amount of traffic that goes through the place. It can be a hard place to find a taxi standing right outside of the hotel. Instead you will be directed to walk a block to another corner hotel wherein buses and taxis are known to pass.

Another misgiving was that the hotel cannot call a taxi, actually taxis cannot be called at all in Hong Kong so I am told.

To make a long story short, My time at the hotel was amazing because the staff were welcoming and hospitable. The Rooms were quaint and small but perfect for a lone businessman. Room came with a strong wifi connection. The bedding and bed itself were heavenly. To end my trip I had booked a shuttle back to the airport (the same company that took me to the Butterfly from the Airport) However, it was scheduled to arrive at 8 p.m so I could take the hour long bus ride to the airport. By 8:40, the bus had called the front desk attendant who was escorting me outside in the rain I might add. The bus company informed Andrew, I believe it was, that the bus had collided with another vehicle. The staff quickly reacted, but I ended up leaving an hour late to arrive at the airport nearly an hour before my flight. This prompted a negative experience.

For future reference, getting a shuttle to the hotel from the airport is no problem, but getting one from back in Wanchai is a nightmare after all 2 million office people just got off work.

Other than that the Stay was an awesome experience, great hotel, great staff.

Room Tip: If American try to book this hotel through Agoda, I requested 4 things. All criteria were met upon a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen G
Butterfly_Hotels, Group Guest Services Manager at Butterfly On Morrison, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

We are pleased to receive your great feedback and we are proud of the way how our guest services team, hotel facilities has impressed you. We are certainly sorry about the shuttle bus incident which caused you inconvenience. Though it was an accident of the shuttle bus company which is out of control, we hope we were capable to offer better assistant to save you from trouble. Anyway, we are glad you had overall a amazing stay with us. Next time when you are planning to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact our team directly and we promise the best offer and arrangement would be provided for you.