We arrived very late in the evening in Hong Kong and took a taxi from the airport express station at IFC - as stated in the map provided by the hotel, which specified vehicular access by Bowrington Road, we told the cab driver to go to Bowrington Road in Causeway Bay. Warning: the access from Bowrington Road is a service access, you should direct your taxi to Morrison Hill Road instead.
The reception is on the 3rd floor of the hotel and the receptionist was very pleasant and spoke well. We had booked a Superior room but were told that we would be upgraded to a Deluxe room instead. Pleasantly surprised, we headed up to the room. Despite the many positive reviews on cleanliness of the hotel, we were not impressed with the state of the room and made a call to the management. The hotel manager came up to do a physical check immediately and offered us a change of room in the morning.
I was very impressed with the level of service - akin to what you would expect for a 5 star establishment. The room change was done the following morning and suffice to say, the new room was in much better shape. We thoroughly enjoyed our remaining stay, it is very well located and the level of service was exceptional and despite the room being on the small side (although definitely not as small as some Hong Kong hotels - the bed was not pushed against a wall), it had all the necessary amenities.
If you are after a clean and safe hotel, close to public transport (5 minute walk from the Causeway Bay MTR station) at a fairly reasonable price, I would definitely recommend the Butterfly on Morrison.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining contemporary comfort with a classy dose of European pizzazz, Butterfly on Morrison cannot enjoy a better location than where it is at Causeway Bay. That means 5 minutes away from the heart of shopper's Hong Kong (think Times Square, Sogo and the brand new Hysan Place); 5 minutes from the high-octane actions of the Happy Valley racetrack and the Hong Kong stadium; 10 minutes from the nightlife and heritage cool of Wan Chai and the same number of minutes from the chic and quirks of Star Street Precinct. In short, everything that makes Hong Kong buzz and hum with energy is right outside. Inside, 98 guest rooms are filled to the brim with sophisticated amenities, offering every comfort for both work and play, including a free smartphone offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, Wi-Fi tethering, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. However busy the night gets, the hotel will be your refuge. So when you're tired from a day of non-stop shopping, Rugby Sevens watching or nightlife exploring, return to us, relax and lounge. Our 24-hour front desk and 'Local Ambassadors' have got you covered. How well connected are we? - 6-minute walk to Causeway Bay MTR. - 15-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Hong Kong Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Butterfly On Morrison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Morrison Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Morrison Hong Kong