“Lovely stay, cheap bill!”

Butterfly On Morrison
Ranked #74 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days on my arrival in Hong Kong.
The position was very central and allowed me to reach every interesting spot in the city very quickly. The neighborhood was also nice with restaurants and massage centers open til late.
The room was little, but I loved the style: essential, yet elegant, modern...and clean.
From my window I could see such a wonderful view...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ambra_g

Reviewed March 16, 2011

This hotel is pretty new and is kept perfectly clean.
The rooms are not huge (as in most hotels in Hong kong) but big enough, and very quiet, even though the hotel is located on a busy street.
Bathroom is very modern and super clean.
Internet is free inside the bedroom (here again....it is not the case in most HK hotels)
But the best of all is its situation: 5 minutes walk to Time Square (shopping, dining...).
After coming to Hong Kong for more than 15 times on "shopping week ends", I guess I have found the perfect hotel in terms of price/location/cleanliness

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during 2011 Chinese New Year. The hotel interior is modern, but the glass door to the bathroom is quite uncomfortable....but it depends:)I got the room in the lower floor, so the was no view...only the tubes, so if possible ask for the upper floor. The location is ok, about 20 minutes walk to metro station, and the bus station is near. You can go on foot to harbour and to big shopping malls. There are a lot of places to eat nearby and very nice small market also is very close. The room was clean, bed was big and comfortable.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

A very nice modern hotel in causeway bay, room is clean and the design is smart. More impressive thing is that u could use an imac right next to the reception and it got an iphone docking alarm in the room. With great location, great service, really nothing to complaint about. Best for value!

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Cutie_bebe
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We booked a deluxe room but was offered a penthouse suite for a small fee which we found was very resonable. Butterfly on Morrison is a nice boutique hotel with a staff that will try to help you find anything. They helped me find a nice dum sum place and the time of the horse racing. The room design is modernI and the amenities are excellent for Hong Kong standards, definitely recommend this place.

2  Thank Thomaz888
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Pros: Brisk 5 minute walk to Times Square Lane Crawford buidling. Near area with food markets by day and by night, an alley that changes into affordable, cheap restaurants that cook fresh seafood chosen from the front of the restaurant. Bellboy service was great,.

Cons: Booked on Booking.com over 6 months prior to trip for a Deluxe Room with King size bed. We were told on arrival that they did not have the room available and that they only had a Superior Twin Room (lower ranking) available. The choice we had was to either take it or not have a hotel at all. They did not offer to give it to us for a lower price, even though it is a cheaper room than what we had paid to stay in. When we got there, the room was very filthy. The carpet was stained and filled with debris. We were greeted with 2 scout boy twin beds. The bathroom floors were filthy like an old gym locker room, to the point where I was only able to bear t aking a shower, by laying a towel on the shower floor to step on! The bathroom not only had the one clear glass door but also had a section that was a sliding wall/door with no lock. Very poor lighting. The free wired internet came with a 3 inch LAN cable that did not allow for you to even pull your laptop any closer to you! The dishonesty in the staff was unremarkable! We complained that the heat was not working. There was only cold wind blowing. The staff that came up avoided very much from telling us that the switch on the wall was really only for a fan/airconditioner and that in fact, there really was no heat! It took for me to finally blatantly state that "So you mean there is actually no heat?" that he sheepishly nodded. No wonder it was warmer when I actually turned the entire thing off! I was only adjusting the force of the cold fan! Then we were told that they ran out of portable heaters for the night too!

I called down to the service desk to complain that night and demanded to be put back in the class of room I had booked for and they agreed! However, there was no attempt on their part to apologize or deduct the difference in room price. I ended up still paying the price of a deluxe room the night that we slept in a superior twim bed room! I suspect they gave our room out to walk in last minute guests, possibly charging them more, while they sent us to sleep in a lower class room but for the price of the higher class room. Makes me wonder if the staff pocket the difference in money made. That way, they can earn the price of 2 nights worth of deluxe room fee in one night!

I am quite angry with this, as we were very tired by the time we came to thsi hotel. We had just finished 2 and half weeks of going from city to city and was really looking forward to the last 3 days in hong kong for our pre-honeymoon, hoping to get some better rest. All in all the hotel was a major dissappointment. We stayed at their Pratt location the week before, and although we were not impressed by the attitude of their staff, it was at least cleaner, given we had booked a lower class room from them than at Morrison. They didn't even have a microwave, when Pratt did in their Superior room!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hunni8bear
Maxing, Manager at Butterfly On Morrison, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we apologize for any inconvenience caused on this special incident. We will review your case and improve our service accordingly.

Your opinion for the standard of room cleanness and facilities’ quality are also well noted. We appreciate your sharing and we look forward to serve you better during your next stay.

Reviewed March 2, 2011

Booked this hotel last year Nov 2010 got a deal at HKD650 per night for 4 nights. Airport transfer was smooth, took a 7 seater limo. Because the hotel does not have parking outside the front entrance which is for bus, the driver had to park behind the alley, and we used the car park bay to enter the front entrance. The concierge didn't helped us with the luggage (I had my aging mom and dad with me.) and my wife, so we managed it ourselves. I noticed the concierge sometimes don't open the door for the guests.

Checking in not that smooth, we have to wait like 15 minutes, because the room was not ready. One was ready which I gave it to my parent, so they went up first. After 35mins later, I asked the front desk lady, she told me "oh, it's ready!" I wished they can be more initiative to inform us rather than we ask them.....

Got into the room, it was very clean, a bit small as we took the Standard room. Room ain't that sound proof, you can hear your neighbor chatting at night and also the lift entrance sound. Free Internet for those who brought their notebooks, wish they had Wi-fi instead, because you can see from the photos I upload, it's pretty lack of space there!

The hotel is located between Causeway Bay and Wan Chai, so if you can walk and it's not an issue to you to reach Causeway Bay MTR (which is about 10minutes away and 5 mins to Time Square Mall). The nearest taxi stand is at the South China Hotel which has taxi stand, it's just few seconds away. Lots of food around, and also the wet market which is a must see for others! fresh fruits etc all available.

If you are traveling alone or with spouse and don't mind a bit walk, then this hotel is for you. It's value for money and the hotel is quite new and very well kept.

1  Thank kennut