“Like a movie with good food”

Lin Heung Tea House
Ranked #3 of 275 Coffee & Tea in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
“Like a movie with good food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

It took around 5-10 minute walk from MRT to Wellington st. The atmosphere was awesome, just like we usually see in Hong Kong dramas. I ate here twice during my trip, and it was always crowded with lots of people, i just jumped right into any empty seat (no worries, this is absolute alright in Hong Kong). The food was good but lightly oily, though i love oolong tea. Price is affordable. It cost me HK$25 for a breakfast. I will surely com back in my next visit.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Luzon, Philippines
“Just Okay for 1st timer”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good enough to experience this old type HK Dimsum Resto once. Good taste is commonly nothing special. I would say street food near Time Square in CWB is much better for me.

• Visited August 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Authentic HKG Restaurant”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Went here tonight with my family for dinner and it was a great experience. 2 adults and 2 teenagers meal cost $420 inc drinks ( about £36/7).

Our eldest son has a nut allergy and a friend wrote this out for us in Chinese , we gave it to the waiter and he was great, told our son what he could eat.

It's a very traditional restaurant with old chairs and tables, the washing up is done partly in the restaurant itself ... Brilliant!

Food quality was excellent , good sizes and very tasty.

Great place. Don't miss if your in HKG.

“The real Hong Kong”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

If you want to taste the real Hong Kong you have to try this tea house! The food is so yummy that it's quite impossible to describe. We tried a lots of different dishes choosing them basing on their smell and good looking as the menu was only in Chinese. A special thanks goes to the waiter who spent some times with us explaining each dish. The waiters and the guests made us feel welcome and somehow at home.

• Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“A taste of traditional yum cha”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is my second visit. Was brought by my friend the first time. This time, I chanced upon it as I was looking for food walking from Sheng Wan. It is a very old restaurant and felt it would be good to let my family try it. The place is very crowded at 8am plus. After walking around in the restaurant for a while, we found a seat to join with an old lady when another group left. We were a little flustered in terms of what to do. We are not exactly good with the washing of cups procedure. Haha. As it was so crowded, I walked to the pushcarts to look for food instead of waiting for it to come. Generally we felt the food to be ok but we enjoyed it for the atmosphere. It is one place that you get to eat like the locals. Worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013