“First Class Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Melbourne, Australia
“First Class Hotel”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently had an unforgettable nine day stay at the Upper House and wish to thank all the staff for making it such a memorable occasion. Everything they do is quality with dignity, style and professionalism. They were warm friendly and very efficient. Our thanks go to Christina, Katie,
Charley and all other staff who made our stay so enjoyable. Our room and facilities were very well designed as were the private lounge, bar and dining facilities on the 49th floor.
Could not speak more highly of the hotel and we look forward to returning in the near future.
R & M Croker - Melbourne, Australia

Room Tip: Recommend corner suites - view from bathroom wonderful
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Russell C
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Mrs and Mr Croker

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

Rest assured I have shared all your comments about Kristina, Katie, Charly with the team. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the nine nights with us and hope you will return soon again!

Do stay in touch and let me know if I my personally assist with any future reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Room was beautiful, the bathroom spectacular (almost as large as the room itself). Everything very tasteful and stylish. Power outlets at desk were smartly adaptable to all types of plugs. Nice minibar with everything but champagne free. Service was very responsive and the views from the Cafe Grey are magnificent. Nice central location over Pacific Place. Concierge arranged a car to take us around HK for the highlights. This is expensive, but if money is no object (or someone else is paying), this is a fantastic choice. Only minor criticism is that there is no pool, and the workout room facility was on the small side.

2 Thank Scott R
Dear Scott

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. It is fantastic to know that you opted for the Hong Kong tour in our Lexus, we indeed offer the tour for guests who are “time poor” and want to experience Hong Kong in a more private and efficient way.

Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Best location, best rooms, best staff! We booked through Centurion and got a fabulous room on 39th floor. Impeccable service. I have seen the 5 star hotels of this world...The Upper House is clearly on my top 10 list.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephan B

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We are much honored that you call us “the best hotel in Hong Kong” and that “our house” counts amongst your top ten favorite hotels.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Excellent hotel, the best I have been in HK! Modern, well furnished, spectacular view from the rooms and even better from the bathroom (I should say "salon de bain", considering its size), free minibar with Nespresso coffee machine, all possible amenities, very well designed lighting in both the bedroom and the bathroom, large shower stall with breathtaking view, extremely kind staff, what else should I say?
I won't go anywhere else in HK, and I have tried most of the best hotels in town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Paolo

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Our bathrooms and other physical aspects of the hotel are indeed fantastic. Great to know that you have also experienced other five star hotels in town and that you appreciate our different kind of approach to hospitality.

Eden Island, Seychelles
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Having recently spent 5 nights at the upper house, we were frankly disappointed. It is overly priced for what you get and should be best advertised as 5 star serviced apartments rather than a 5 star hotel. I'll basically sum it up below:
Pros:
1. Large rooms (much larger than the average hotel in HK)
2. Great location (a few steps away from Pacific Place and the MTR)
3. Beautiful bathrooms but lighting not very good for applying makeup.
4. Cafe Grey offers fantastic views
5. Amenities in room and free mini-bar
6. Clean & complimentary water
Cons:
1. Our bed was well used and pillows not great.
2. Staff not always friendly - No usual greetings/acknowledgment when leaving/arriving at hotel.
3. Very Expensive - Price
4. Cafe Grey food is not that great - no extra trimmings when food is served.
5. Room service is basic - no extra trimmings when food is delivered. Very basic.
6. No club level facilities or free anything!
7. Gym is small
We moved to the Crowne Plaza in Causeway Bay and thereafter the Icon in Tsim Sha Tsui and both these hotels were far superior.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jasmine V
Thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at The Upper House on tripadvisor.com

We appreciate your positive comments in the first part of your review. It is disappointing to hear that we did not meet your expectations in other areas. I am surprised to learn that you have chosen to provide additional feedback via this media after we have met on the day of your departure.
Please do contact me via marcelthoma@swirehotels.com as I would like to get the chance to further understand where would could improve.

I am very much looking forward to hearing from you again.

Eastern Passage, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014

One of the best hotel in the world! The service is amazing, the staff is very friendly and always helpful, the spa is wonderful, rooms are perfect...and lot of eateries and shopping places. Give it a try, you will not want to leave!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate your comments about our service very much; rest assured I have shared them with the entire team. It is rewarding to hear that you call us “amazing” and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Do stay in touch and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon again.
Let me know if I may personally assist with any reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2014

What a great hotel - from the start of check-in through the entire 4 days, sheer enjoyment and great service. Impeccable rooms, attention to detail and privacy, great food and small enough to have that personal attention.

I didn't book through Centurion this time, but you wouldn't have known it. So many great things about this hotel - courteous, professional, energetic, attentive, etc.

What is the most appealing is the calmness of the hotel in such a city with so much hustle. While I attended the Rugby 7's, this was a tranquil haven away from it all.

I would recommend this hotel for those that look for the best of everything and a great return on their spend.

I can certainly see why this hotel is #1.

Room Tip: While all rooms are great - as we had a group and I saw several, the view of the harbour is recommen...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Marcel T, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this review, April 5, 2014

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay during the Rugby 7 week in Hong Kong. Thanks for summarizing your experience with us as “courteous, professional, energetic, attentive”

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon again.
Do let me know if I may personally assist with any reservation at The Upper House or any other Swire Hotels.