After having left the Grand Hyatt due to massive renovation work, I arrived the Upper House and was more than pleasantly surprised. A zen-like atmosphere with a highly professional and service-minded staff makes you feel comfortable the minute you arrive. The elegant, sober and highly qualitative interiors is a true change from recent years "boutique hotel concepts" that very rapidly tend to become gimmicky and outdated. The rooms are spacious and well-thought out and you can feel that for once an architect has really given it a thought before deciding where to put sockets, buttons and curtain control etc. which makes the stay easy and user-friendly.
Delicious food and impeccable, discrete service at the restaurant on the 49th floor with one of the best views of Hong Kong and the bar on the same floor is the perfect spot for a casual pre-dinner drink.
The Upper House is truly one of the best urban hotel experiences in the world right now. A must when you stay in Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong