Yes, I am another one of the "trip advisor was right" converts, and I'm afraid this review will be blubbering on about our amazing stay. After a grueling 2 months of working 16 hr days, we treated ourselves to a room here while in town visiting family and the place left quite an impression. The attention to detail was evident from the moment we walked in. Exhausted from our delayed flight, we were immediately upgraded to one of the fabulous suites on the 47th floor with a Victoria Harbour view. It made our trip that much more special.
Cafe Gray was first class. The treats in the room were appreciated and I made use of the yoga mat for a Sunday morning yoga class with Wayne and ended up with a private session! A design feature I really loved was the music in every room. Oh, and the bathroom. What an outstanding space. Truly the relaxing retreat we were hoping to find. When we checked out to head to Singapore for a few days, Edward (congrats on your wedding!) was ready with recommendations on things to do in a follow up email that showed their dedication to customer care.
And, it turned out that The Upper House saved the second half of our holiday as well! We returned to HK and found our AirBnB booking had fell through, so Vinchi made sure we got the very same upgrade at the last minute (thank you!). And we loved the signature scent of the hotel so much, we picked up a room spray and a candle upon check out -- which I am afraid I'll use up far too soon and then our holiday will truly be over.
Overall, it really was was one of the most memorable holidays we've had and we can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong