We absolutely loved the Upper House, and will go back whenever we can.
Not much to add to the other reviewers' comments. Most Hong Kong hotels are relatively small, which is fine if you're travelling on your own for business, but not so great if you're travelling as a couple for pleasure. For the solo business traveller the Upper House only works if you're on a generous expense account, and would be an unnecessary luxury. For the holidaying couple you still need a generous expense account -- but it's well worth it.
The rooms are really big and all have views - we thought it was worth paying the extra for the harbour view although for the first two days the rain and the cloud meant there wasn't one! Service was as it should be: really efficient but unobtrusive - even when we had a few queries on our bill they were dealt with promptly and fairly.
Cafe Grey in the 49th floor serves fabulous food at pretty much the same prices as most other HK hotels, and has great views and a buzzy crowd. The gym is decent, but you don't get the sense that that's where most guests spend their time.
It's one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in, and although it's expensive by HK standards, it isn't in the context of other similar hotels worldwide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Upper House is a highly individualized small luxury hotel designed by Hong Kong architect Andre Fu. The hotel’s 117 rooms (including 21 suites and 2 penthouses) start at 730sq ft – the largest in Hong Kong. They feature wonderfully spacious bathrooms and dressing areas, and offer either scenic harbour or island views. Calming and contemporary, the rooms are designed to provide a sense of relaxation, warmth and understated luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Upper House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Upper House Hotel Hong Kong
- The Upper House Hong Kong