The biggest problem with the hotel is the location. It is a fair way out of Kowloon in an area that seems to be popular with motor mechanics. The view from our room was of a Tyre workshop - quite amusing watching watching them change tyres on the road. You need to go into town to find any decent restaurants - not too bad as taxis are very cheap.
The hotel is OK. The rooms are fairly small, but this is Hong Kong. Not impressed with the plastic cups and glasses and this is the first hotel where I have been asked to pay a room deposit before getting the key (Hong Kong $1000)
We had a problem with the extractor fan in the bathroom which would not turn off. We were promised it would be dealt with immediately as it was noisy at night - we stayed two days and it still had not been sorted.
I would only stay if the price was spectacularly low - but even then it would probably be worth spending a little more and getting a better place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong