I stayed for 8 days 7 nights on the 20th floor in this hotel. The hotel was clean, tidy and the staff is very friendly. For the price i surveyed, this suits my budget for a 4 star hotel. The surrounding is not scenic but at least i get a look & feel what its like in a typical Kowloon area. Since im going out early & returning at night, i don't see why i need a hotel with a nice view & don't understand people complain about view/scenic surroundings. There is no MTR , so u have to take the shutle bus with timing. Or u can take a taxi to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR for abut 47 to 57 HKD. Food for me is a challenge. As im a Muslim, halal food is hard to find. Luckily, there is Halal food Chinese style located at Wan Chai located inside a mosque. Or beside the Kowloon mosque at Tsim Sha Tsui area, there is a shopping centre. If u noticed some indian/Arab/Middle Eastern standing, approach them. They maybe holding some brochures about their food menu. But pricing wise, be prepared. I can get a briyani in Singapore for around $5sgd(30hkd), but it till cost u around $14sgd(75hkd) to $17sgd(100hkd) for a plate of briyani or Arab rice. All in all, i enjoyed my stay in hong kong and will return again in a few years time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Free use of handy Smartphone service for unlimited local calls and international phone calls for 5 selected countries, unlimited mobile Internet data. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong