“Reasonable price hotel, 10 minutes away from TST” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees

Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees
Ranked #184 of 697 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Reasonable price hotel, 10 minutes away from TST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Reasonable price, free shuttle bus to metro, Bay Area, and TST area.
Very small room, but again you are in Hong Kong, and clean rooms. The bathroom it's quite different, feels like you are in a glass box. No bathtub.
Staff was friendly.
The Wifi package it's very expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carolina O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overall I am satisfied staying at this hotel. But I would like ot highlight 2 points. One is the air conditioing. It is stated in the hotel website that the rooms have individual temperature control
But this is NOT TRUE. I tried to adjust the temp higher than the set temp of 22.5 to 2 3deg C.But I was unable to do it. I called housekeeping who send somebody to my room & advised me that the temp is set at 22.5 to 2 3deg. If I feel cold, I can off the air cond & switch it to FAN mode,which means only air will be supplied to the room but with the air cond switched off.
For the air cond , u have 3 choices i.e high,medium & low. Same for the FAN mode, u have high,medium & low fan mode. BUT YOU CANT ADJUST THE TEMP !!!
2nd, I ordered Haninese Chicken rice & Sweet & sour pork for my dinner one night. The food was horrible. If you eat at those cafes nearby,it tastes better.
Tip: There is a SIngapore Restaurant nearby.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SK C
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came with a tour group and arrived after 4 pm and were given 2 rooms on the club floor on the 20th level. One room has a king size bed and the other with 2 single beds. The beds were very comfortable and sleep was good. The rooms were in excellent conditions and everything was like brand new. No bathtub in our rooms though.

The funny thing was that one room was given 2 bottles of mineral water and the other you have to pay if you request for it. The king bed room has plenty of TV channels while the other one has limited number of channels. Both rooms have big bay windows facing the appartments just across the hotel.

Feedback from other tour members given rooms on the lower floors was not that great. Rooms were small and conditions not as good.

Hotel location is not right outside touristy spots. Shuttle service was available but we gave it a miss as the mini bus was usually full and schedule not like every 15 minutes. Bus services were readily available just ouside the hotel or the street infront of the hotel to catch a ride to Mongkok (bus 27) or Avenues of Stars (bus 5C). Taxi fares to Mongkok was under HKD50.

Not sure about the hotel rates as we came with a tour package but I suppose the hotel room we got was bigger compared with other hotels along Nathan Road which will cost a lot more with much smaller space.

The hotel lobby is a bit unusual as there is a slope down to the lift lobby while the area around the hotel is flat. The floor of the lobby comes with big squares decorative tiles which is a bit giddy to look at with that slope in place which seems to be more than 8 degrees as the name of the hotel suggests. Overall would recommend this hotel if the price is much lower than the hotels along Nathan Road.

Room Tip: The club floor rooms are really good.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I reached the hotel after 3pm. The check-in was not smooth. At first the counter staff told me that there was no record of my booking. After I told her that the tour agent had confirmed my booking, she went to the back room to check and she took about 10 mins to do so. She said my 2 rooms were not ready and asked me to come back after 5pm ! After some reasoning, she finally found the 2 rooms. Really the check-in service should be improved !

On the other hand, the concierge service was very good. A man in black suite signalled the bell boy to carry my 5 pieces of luggages when I was outside the hotel. They were helpful to advise on transportation and route to get to the destination. In short, they were eager to help !

My rooms were at the 17th floor. They were clean, comfortable and reasonable big with window cushion platform. Kind of relax to sit by the window and enjoy a cup of hot beverage. Coffee making facilities and 2 complementary bottles of drinking water were provided.

Short walking distance to shops selling famous egg tarts and egg rolls, 7-11, wet market and small eateries. Taxi to Ladies Market costs HK35 and Ocean Park costs HK175 (Eastern Tunnel) during off peak.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SingaporeFamily
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Although the room was clean and comfortable and reasonably priced it was too far out of the city for my liking. They had a free shuttle bus which was handy but a couple of times it was too full and we couldn't get on, the service was patchy some of the staff were freindly others not so much, I didn't like how they charged per 24 hours for wifi instead of per hour and they froze over $200 aud on my debit travel card. I know it's only a deposit but I thought they could've explained how much they needed and why when we checked in. I don't see how two adults who are out for most of the day sightseeing can possibly do that much damage.

This hotel might be ok for a couple that wants to stay somewhere quiet but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank katie c

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife & I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights and we had a fantastic and memorable stay.

>>We took a taxi from airport and the driver dropped us beside the hotel which was one of HK driver's strategy to ripped of some unsuspected guests like us. We don't want to argue so we got out and walk towards the lobby. When the the man in Black suite spotted us, he hurriedly run towards us and offer assistance.

>>The moment we stepped inside the hotel, a lady manager greeted us and guide us to the check in counter

>>The young chinese lady was all smile doing our check in. It was done with warm welcome and explained us the shuttle bus service, HK map and the nearby area.

>> After checked in we went up to our perfectly well cleaned room.

>>When i want to use the Wifi, i called the reception and i was told that i have to pay $120/day. at first i was shocked but then realized that different hotels have different rules and as guests we have to respect.

My Wife & I are well travelled couple and have stayed in some of the worlds most private & expensive resorts / hotels & islands. We stayed at this hotel as recommended by one of our friends due to the excellent service and the hotel itself is new and has big rooms.

We would definitely come back & stay here again.

Such a GREAT & LOVELY Hotel! Kodus to to the staff and Managers.

Room Tip: Suites are much bigger. But if you are on tight budget, superior room will do and big enough compare...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Iduj A
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is nice,a little away from the main city,but the rooms are neat and clean,the view is not too good.The breakfast has a good variety,also there were nearby, local restaurants that offered great local foods.

The staff were nice. They guided us how to move from one place to the other.The shuttles to Tsim Tsa Tsui came frequently .

There are better 4 stars in the city,but if u decide last minute and can't find a better place,then this is the place to be :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family