We came with a tour group and arrived after 4 pm and were given 2 rooms on the club floor on the 20th level. One room has a king size bed and the other with 2 single beds. The beds were very comfortable and sleep was good. The rooms were in excellent conditions and everything was like brand new. No bathtub in our rooms though.
The funny thing was that one room was given 2 bottles of mineral water and the other you have to pay if you request for it. The king bed room has plenty of TV channels while the other one has limited number of channels. Both rooms have big bay windows facing the appartments just across the hotel.
Feedback from other tour members given rooms on the lower floors was not that great. Rooms were small and conditions not as good.
Hotel location is not right outside touristy spots. Shuttle service was available but we gave it a miss as the mini bus was usually full and schedule not like every 15 minutes. Bus services were readily available just ouside the hotel or the street infront of the hotel to catch a ride to Mongkok (bus 27) or Avenues of Stars (bus 5C). Taxi fares to Mongkok was under HKD50.
Not sure about the hotel rates as we came with a tour package but I suppose the hotel room we got was bigger compared with other hotels along Nathan Road which will cost a lot more with much smaller space.
The hotel lobby is a bit unusual as there is a slope down to the lift lobby while the area around the hotel is flat. The floor of the lobby comes with big squares decorative tiles which is a bit giddy to look at with that slope in place which seems to be more than 8 degrees as the name of the hotel suggests. Overall would recommend this hotel if the price is much lower than the hotels along Nathan Road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Mongkok area, close to Tsimshatsui shopping, entertainment and sightseeing destinations, MTR Hunghom Station, Kowloon Bay & Kwun Tong are conveniently reachable by the complimentary hotel shuttle bus. The award winning Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees has a unique twist to its lobby, designed with utmost innovation creating an optical illusion where it feels as if you're inside Italy's Leaning Tower of Pisa. Features 704 guestrooms and suites, boasting a 32-inch LCD TV, in-room Wi-Fi access, mini-bar, tea & coffee-making facilities. Two restaurants offer International, Asian, Halal and Indian cuisines, one inviting bar, a full service Business Centre, a well-equipped Fitness Centre, a relaxing sauna and a distinctively shaped outdoor swimming pool, children's pool and whirlpool surrounded by a lush landscape. Three Executive Floors with a Harbour Club Lounge offering complimentary afternoon tea, evening refreshments, breakfast buffet at Cafe 8 Degrees, etc. Offering hospitable service and excellent facilities, Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees distinguishes itself admirably among travelers appealing to business, leisure, family vacation or romantic getaway looking for comfortable and pleasurable accommodation at great value. Please note hotel outdoor swimming pool will be closed during winter from 01 December 2014 and will open till further notice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA and Travelocity so you can book your Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hotel Hong Kong
- Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees Hong Kong