What a gem of a find. If you are looking for a superb room, this is the place. Very clean, very comfortable, has its own DV library and a player in the room. It even has a air purifier. For the traveller who is watching the pocket, but not wanting to downgrade on accommodation, this is the place.
The first impression might put people off as Shanghai Street itself is off the main road and the hotel is nestled amidst old buildings all around. Once you step in, it's a different world. The room is nicely appointed with a kitchenette and a small sitting room. My 7-yo son could sleep comfortably on the sofa. Whilst not 5*, it is well worth the money for the accommodation.
The location is near Temple Street for those who like the night bustle. Plenty of small eateries around and shops along the main Nathan Road just a few minutes walk away. For those into bakery and cooking, there are quite a few shops specialising in cookware and bakeware.
Also a short walk to Yau Ma Tei MTR, it is good as a springboard to various locations in HK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CHI 279 by CHI Residences is a calm retreat from the city. Located on famous Shanghai Street, a fascinating eclectic array of shops and sights reveal the natural charm of Hong Kong. Daily, weekly and monthly rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your CHI Residences 279 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chi Residences 279 Hotel Hong Kong
- CHI Residences 279 Hong Kong