We (2 adults, 1 teenager, 1 pre-teen) stayed in HK for 3 days. Trying to find a place that is not too tight for US standard, and doesn't cost you an arm and a leg - no easy task. We are very satisfied with this apartment. We got a room for 3 people and requested an additional bed. Our room has 1 double bed and a twin size bed in another room. The added bed was squeezed in between the double bed and the TV. Without the added bed, it's a very good size room for 3 people. It's a bit tight for 4 people, but we managed. The bathroom is spacious and we can store all of our luggages in a spare space in the bathroom.
Staff is very friendly, contrast to most people in HK. They also speak good English. When we arrived, they knew us by names and welcomed us warmly. The security is pretty good. This is not a hotel where there is lobby area. It's a serviced apartment. So you have to ring the bell to get in. We feel very safe. The room is also very quiet. They also stored our luggages on the day we checked out until we are ready for the airport.
The location is super convinient. An airport bus is just 2 blocks away. The bus runs every 10 minutes for $33 HKD each person. We took the taxi because we have 4 people. Taxi is about $220 HKD from the airport. The Yau Ma Tei MTR station (subway) was just about 5 minutes away and it has trains to all the major sites. You can get an Octopus card. You need to put in $150 in total minimum - $50 deposit and $100 to use for almost all the public transportation, including the airport bus. (Airport train is very expensive) You can add more money to the card in any of the subway stations, or in any 7/11 stores. You can also use it in many store, like McDonald, 7/11. When you return it, you will get the deposit back plus any unused balance. But they charge $HK9 if you return within 3 days, which is just a little over US$1.
The famous night market "Temple Street" is just one block away. We had a lot of fun going through the night market. You can get really local food if you are brave enough. It may not look that clean, but we didn't get sick at all. Lots of shopping around. We went to the Peak at night. Beautiful. It's a must see in HK if you are there for a limited time. Take the ferry over so that you can see the HK island view at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- CHI 279 by CHI Residences is a calm retreat from the city. Located on famous Shanghai Street, a fascinating eclectic array of shops and sights reveal the natural charm of Hong Kong. Daily, weekly and monthly rates are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your CHI Residences 279 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chi Residences 279 Hotel Hong Kong
- CHI Residences 279 Hong Kong