“Meh...”

Ranked #152 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
San Diego, California
“Meh...”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

After an evening of drinking, I ended up being in need of a hotel, and couldn't get to one of the hotels I like in TST. I stayed the night at Sohotel, and left without very strong feelings of any sort. The place is moderately priced, but I didn't leave feeling like I got a real bang for my buck. I was told that the standard rooms were all booked, so I ended up with a deluxe. I'm not sure what made it deluxe, because it rather small; however it was clean. The location is pretty convenient, but it's not amazing by HK standards. They served a beverage and two small pastries in the morning, so it was a nice form of a wake up call. HK is the kind of place that it really pays to book in advance, if you do so, you can get places much nicer than this for a similar cost.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Beware of them, pathetic service. Rude staff and very very small rooms. I think little smile on thier face is also chargeable....there are several other options available nearby to use them. Never come to this hotel not even for free.

Room Tip: IBIS and Holiday Inn seemsto better option.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Do NOT stay here! The standard room is like a closet! This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in Hong Kong. The location is in Sheung Wan which is convenient, but there are tons of other better options. There is an extra charge for everything you ask for, and the staff members are like robots - they do not listen or understand any complaints, but stick to a script which gets you nowhere. There is no understanding of customer service or satisfaction, and with the rooms so dark, tiny (even by Hong Kong standards), and not as clean as they could be, they is no reason to ever choose this hotel! Avoid it AT ALL COSTS!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed 3 nights and liked it for its close proximity to Sheung Wan MTR. The journey to/fro airport is about 30mins via CityFlyer A11, which stops at a bus stop not far from the hotel. Eateries are plenty around the hotel and our favourite is Cafe de Coral. The staff are friendly, polite and speak good english. Breakfast is served promptly at our requested time by a very nice lady. The room is clean to our expectations but small. Certainly not for people with claustrophobia.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ulaanbaatar, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you like a tiny room in a quiet hotel, this is the place to stay in Hong Kong. Pricing is good, but room is tiny, even by Hong Kong standards. Service is attentive, and helpful and well located. Due to the small size of the room, very little room to move - only a few inches on either side of the bed to get in and out, and no real counter space in the bathroom. Room was clean though. Location is good, close to the MTR station and lots or restaurants close by

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Room was very small but everything else was great. The. Location of this hotel was very central and it was easy to get around. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. As we did not spend a lot of time in our room size was not too much of an issue for us. We had a lovely breakfast delivered to our room every morning which was a great start to our day. We arrived in Hong Kong from a cruise ship so had large luggage but managed the small room ok. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would likely stay again as it was a central location for us and we found it easy to get around Hong Kong on our first visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is my fourth stay in Hong Kong, and the most cramped quarters. I booked the least expensive room and went with my 10 year old. It suited us fine, as we only took a backpack each and planned to be in the room only to shower and sleep. The bed took the entire little room, barely any space left to get in and out the bed. The bathroom stall was also super small, in a quarter circle shape.
The good news is the room was very clean, bed linens and towels looked brand new, the room furnishings and bathroom were very modern and updated. I did experience a bit of water pipe noise that the other reviewers here mentioned but it was not something really bothersome.
Staff was smiley and helpful with directions; breakfast delivered to our room on time every morning.
The location isn't great. It's ok, but I stayed on better streets before. It had construction nearby, a very smelly public restroom on the corner thatI had to walk by twice daily to go to the MTR station. By the way, MTR is a good 10 min walk away; about 5-6 blocks. If you have large rolling suitcases, this is NOT a good location. There was a good coffee shop around the corner, also a HSBC branch.
Next time I return to Hong Kong I will probably stay in Kowloon - I found it to be a better deal as far as hotel cost, proximity to MTR and places to go explore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family