“As stated small room”

Ranked #151 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Toowoomba, Australia
“As stated small room”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Room was very small but everything else was great. The. Location of this hotel was very central and it was easy to get around. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. As we did not spend a lot of time in our room size was not too much of an issue for us. We had a lovely breakfast delivered to our room every morning which was a great start to our day. We arrived in Hong Kong from a cruise ship so had large luggage but managed the small room ok. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would likely stay again as it was a central location for us and we found it easy to get around Hong Kong on our first visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is my fourth stay in Hong Kong, and the most cramped quarters. I booked the least expensive room and went with my 10 year old. It suited us fine, as we only took a backpack each and planned to be in the room only to shower and sleep. The bed took the entire little room, barely any space left to get in and out the bed. The bathroom stall was also super small, in a quarter circle shape.
The good news is the room was very clean, bed linens and towels looked brand new, the room furnishings and bathroom were very modern and updated. I did experience a bit of water pipe noise that the other reviewers here mentioned but it was not something really bothersome.
Staff was smiley and helpful with directions; breakfast delivered to our room on time every morning.
The location isn't great. It's ok, but I stayed on better streets before. It had construction nearby, a very smelly public restroom on the corner thatI had to walk by twice daily to go to the MTR station. By the way, MTR is a good 10 min walk away; about 5-6 blocks. If you have large rolling suitcases, this is NOT a good location. There was a good coffee shop around the corner, also a HSBC branch.
Next time I return to Hong Kong I will probably stay in Kowloon - I found it to be a better deal as far as hotel cost, proximity to MTR and places to go explore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mesaieed, Qatar
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Room so small i can't put my luggage properly, but hotel location is in center of Hongkong city where u can get anything easily. Bed very comfort and extra clean, superb. breakfast quite good for diner try one Thailand restaurant right side hotel road, really worth and delicious. definitely i ll come back to stay again in this tiny clean hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai Region, China
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was looking forward to the stay and when I reached the design was appealing. But the room was the tiniest I ever had in Hongkong and worse in general the place was not the cleanest, which puts me off. Location is good, but that said, I do not mind to walk, even far, so there are more central places depending on what you are up to. Service was very friendly and in general if they clean up the place it would be a perfect little gem.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Basically if you stay on HK island itself your going to over pay for small rooms. And I mean small! The double bed was pushed up against one wall and there was less than a meter to the next wall! My boyfriend who is 6 ft had his feet hanging off the end of the bed. No wardrobe. The bathroom was small but clean, powerfull shower.

There is no breakfast. We also stayed at The Salisbury on Kowloon - same price, better rooms, great breakfast and it doesnt matter that you are over the river takes 10 mins on the ferry - 10 on tube. There is also lots to see on Kowloon and you get the fantastic view of the harbour.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steph J
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Good location as very close to the ferry terminal. Very tiny room not suitable for tourist with suitcase(coz the room size is really small, I can't open 2 suitcase at a time). Good for day tripper or for a night with hand carry luggage.
I've read serveral review before I decide for a night here, some guest say "tiny room good service", I believe I'm "unlucky" then. I agree with tiny room but I had a poor service experience.
We were carrying 2 suitcase and 4 hand carry bags upon arrival to the hotel, once we drop off taxi, the amazing front office agent smile at us all the way overseeing how we carry all the 6 luggage coming in the hotel, opening the door ourselves, you can imagine how messy we are at that moment. I would appreciate and expect he should just move 5 steps forward to open the door for us as he is standing at the reception looking at us but not busy with anything.
Met another 3 staff, one front desk agent, one gentleman assist for luggage upon check out, one lady from room service, non of them greet or smile at us throughout conversation.
The hotel room is actually acceptable with what we pay compare to other branded hotels, we are just looking for a sleep that night rather than enjoying anything from the hotel so I have nothing much unsatisfy except service.
If you are simply looking a sleep, this hotel is recommend.

Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Booked this hotel due to its location and price. As we were only in Hong Kong for 3 days we wanted a hotel close to all the tourist attractions we wanted to visit.
This hotel fitted bill perfectly. It appears on the map as if it’s far out but it’s walking distance to SoHo and many other places of interest. The hotel is a few minutes away from Sheung Wan metro station, 1 stop from Central. Alternatively you can walk to Central approx 10 minutes walk. I would recommend walking as you get to see much more. The room in the hotel was small but clean and modern. Staff were helpful, and there are two free computers for guests to use in the Reception area. The hotel is room only, but it’s close to plenty of restaurants and coffee houses so you can easily grab some breakfast. If you are only in Hong Kong for a few days and want to pack as much in as possible then this hotel is a great base.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple