Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay
Ranked #44 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“WOW!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 22nd - 25th Oct. First impression of the hotel after getting off the taxi was not that great. The hotel exterior did not look grand and the lobby was really small.
However, everything and everyone in this hotel was just top notch the moment we proceeded to check in.

Being a PCR Platinum member, we were upgraded to club rooms with benefits even though it was a reward night reservation. Seriously, can the other hotels in IHG just look at how generously this hotel is rewarding Plat members for their loyalty?

Check in was a breeze. Everyone was so courteous, from front desk to housekeeping and the hardworking bellmen. The room was clean and modern. We had a room overseeing the Happy Valley racecourse and the view was awesome.

It took around 5 minutes walk to Times Square (Causeway Bay) and another 5 minutes walk to the MTR platform.

Breakfast spread was average for a 5 star hotel. My partner loved the muffin making machine though. The lounge on the top floor was just cool to chill out in the evening!

While there are definitely many more 5 star hotels in HK with better location and amenities, I am very certain I will be coming back to Crowne Plaza Causeway Bay for my future paid stays. Thank you for your generosity and high service standards. It has won over my loyalty and I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my peers travelling to HK.

Room Tip: Happy Valley racecourse view is great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andyyish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

First impressions upon arrival are not great, the reception is small and understaffed. However the rooms are excellent and the two bars on the top floors give great views over Hong Kong and the Happy Valley Race Track. For food the room service menue is poor and I only tried breakfast which again was not great but then this is Hong Kong and there are always places to eat. Location is very good close the the MTR and Times Square which for me is ideal as my office is 400m away. As a location personally I still prefer Central area but the prices can be 3 times that of Causeway Bay.

Singapore
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed at Crowne Plaza as my usual hotel in Causeway Bay was sold out. But I think I am converted and will return. I use cabs frequently whenever I am in Hong Kong for work. Compared to the other hotel, the queue for taxi at Crowne Plaza was very much shorter. Distance-wise Crowne Plaza is less accessible to where I usually attend meetings, and traffic can be worse too (especially when returning to the hotel in the evenings). However Crowne Plaza is a winner when it comes to getting me a taxi in the mornings. Crowne Plaza is also very near to Times Square (for shopping and also for the trains if that is preferred). And Mak's wanton noodles is just across the road. Its location is thus a big plus for me. The rooms are fresh and of decent size. Internet access (wired, wifi) is not free though.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed five nights in this brand new hotel in the heart of Causeway Bay. The location might not be the best if you are in HK for business and you need to be in Central or Wanchai. However, the MTR (metro) station Causeway Bay is only a 10 minute walk, so if the climate allows it, you can make that walk and then move by public transport. The Causeway Bay shopping area starts accross the street, and the Times Square shopping mall is only a short stroll away.
My Deluxe room was large to HK standards, with iPod and internet connections provided. The Queen bed was very comfortable and everything in the room was in good working order, also because it was all band new. The bathroom had a comfortable rain shower and bath tub.
Breakfast was plenty and varied, and available in continental as well as Chinese version. I also tried the restaurant on the Second Floor (same as where breakfast is served), which was surprisingly good for a hotel restaurant, and prices were reasonable.
Go have a drink at the bar on the top floor: you'll have a unique view on the horse racing track and in the evening light balloons are floating in the pool.
Good to know: if you are a member of the hotel chain's Priority Club, then WiFi and usage of the two internet PC's in the lobby are provided free of charge.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

WHAT I LIKED

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in September 2012 for 9 days. It was our first time in Hong Kong and we had put some research into where to stay. We decided on a superior room at the Crowne Plaza and I am glad we did.

The hotel is in a very convenient location. It is just a short walk to Times Square and the entrance to the subway system.

The room we got was spacious, modern and clean. The hotel staff was attentive and I absolutely loved the small details that made our stay there special. There are complimentary bottles of water in the room daily, the fresh fruit basket is always kept filled and after noticing my boyfriend ordering ice most evenings, the ice bucket was filled up on a daily basis as well.

The hotel has two nice bar on the top floors and it was nice to wind down with a drink soaking in the view of Happy Valley.

We had breakfast included in our rate. The breakfast room is spacious and the buffet has a lot of choices, Continental as well as Asian. The possibility of ordering freshly made omelets was an added bonus.

WHAT ID DIDN'T LIKE

There isn't much I didn't like. The pool area is a bit of a waste, as it is not private at all. The top level bar's windows view out onto the pool and I didn't feel it was private enough to use. In fact, I didn't see anyone using it. This however did not impact on our stay, as it wasn't one of the features we looked for in the Hotel.

The Chinese restaurant in the hotel should probably be avoided. It was quite pricey and I believe one can get better food elsewhere. However the restaurant is not part of the hotel and therefore it's nothing that negatively impacts the stay there.

IN SUMMARY

I am very happy with he choice of hotel and I believe it's a great option if one doesn't want to spend half a fortune for the luxury hotels. I was very pleasantly surprised by the level of service and the appointed room and would recommend it wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: We went for the superior room with Internet and breakfast included and it was well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sabrina R
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed over weekend here and had a blast. Excellent service and the room was fantastic. very clean, excellent bed. Located close to subway and bus service.
Breakfast was amazing, lots of excellent selections and options.

If I return to Hong Kong will be definitely back.
Congratulations!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I cannot add much to the other 5 star reviews. The service was impeccable and every need was anticipated. Made use of the wonderful sound system using my iPhone. Some food tips: The Mak Noodle restaurant across the street has great won ton noodle-- hard to find any better. Also there is well-stocked supermarket one floor below the Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family