“I will come back...this time with my family:)”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay
Ranked #46 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights. Hotel surroundings are good as it is situated near the convention centre and many business people booked this hotel due to its location. It is just 15mins walk to my Hong Kong office building. Check-in went smoothly. My deluxe room is exactly what you see from the hotels website. It was on the 9th floor so not much comments on the views.
Since this is my first stay, what surprised me was when I on the TV, the screen reflected some standard greetings but it has my name on it! Its very warmth and personal. The hotel does come with this mobile phone which you may use on your walk about around Hong Kong, which usage will be charged to your room. This is practical if you do not subscribe or simply want to save on the international roaming charges.
I had buffet lunch at the restaurant, KUDOS, and found the food of normal standards. Overall hotel staffs service meet expectations but more can be improved for KUDOS staffs. Will definitely come back but with my family instead:)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TazMaya
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Hong Kong Causeway Bay

Reviewed May 5, 2011

This hotel has just opened 1 year ago (as of May 2011)
Very clean and well maintained so far.
Connectivity in rooms has been done extremely well, as well as furniture convenience of use. Excellent beds, linen and pillows. Same for amenities in bathroom, although the quality of products (shampoo for instance) could be improved. Besides, the location is quiet.
Not much variety in food, but good.
Exceptional for Hong-Kong, staff at reception and at restaurant is even smiling, for a chance (not much, but smiling)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Marc-Philippe G
Reviewed April 27, 2011

This CP is better that some IC properties!
Great staff, great location.
An overall fantastic experience!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pjspjs
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Stayed there for 3 nights in April 2011. The hotel was just about functional - everything in order but nothing which makes you feel special. The staff was cordial but seemed to be just doing a job rather than going out of the way to make client 'at home'. Food and service too was mediocre.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I was here for a business trip for 10 days. Love this hotel. I was staying in a Club room on a high floor overlooking Happy Valley with hills in the background. There is a separate check-in desk on the 2nd floor for Club rooms and is on the same level as the snack lounge and business center.

Pros:
Club rooms comes with free WIFI access in the room and has a snack lounge where you can go anytime for snacks and drinks (including alcoholic drinks) between a certain time. Very nice place to chill and relax with ambient music.

Breakfast was included with a great fare of international, Japanese and Dimsum cuisine. Fresh!

Club rooms were great and spacious. Very clean. Has an iPod/iPhone docker for charging and playing music. Stationery provided and nice glass table for working and comfortable leather chair

Bed was made nice and clean. Love the bathroom with separate bath and shower.
Has an auto screen door to close off the shower area from the bedroom. You could actually watch tv while showering if you did not shut the auto screen door.
Bathrooms were clean.

Taxi stop was just across the Crowne in front of Leighton Centre. Very convenient.

Staff are always smiling and very helpful!

Con:
I found I had to walk out a bit to get some food if I was not eating at the hotel.
It is walking distance from Times Square but the food at the Square was bit pricey for my liking.

Even if it was not for a business trip, the hotel room would be great for a couple given the free wifi, snack bar and the great service.

Would love to go there again

Room Tip: Get the Club Room - Value for money includes WIFI
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank glamourbugz
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Arrived late at night to a luke warm reception, no warm welcome there after a long day of traveling....that's what I want from my hotel. The breakfast staff were very inattentive waited 20mins for coffee and only got it when I had to get up and make a 3rd request to the headwaiter directly, they had one very young man maintaining the hot dishes and cooking the eggs he seemed like he would rather be anywhere but there.....tasteless food. I introduced myself to the concierge who had helped us just to thank him for making our transportation arrangements, he had no time rather he dismissed me. I'm glad I didn't thank him because our english speaking guide was not so english speaking. My aunt had to request clean towels in her room because upon entry to her room she ecountered used towels....disgusting. The staff members are too young...too rude and too uninterested and absolutely no customer service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Versailles2011
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights and found it to be a very nice hotel. Check-in was quick and easy though it seems their info from booking.com did not show that our rate included breakfast. They took a copy of my booking printout and that was fine.

We stayed in their regular room (I forget the name) and it was really nice. Spacious, clean, comfortable bed and a very nice bathroom with a separate shower (that pours from the ceiling). There's a decent sized desk next to power sockets, AV connections for the LCD TV and a USB charger. There was plenty of drawers in the room for storing our bits and pieces. Our room was on the 6th floor so not much of a view but the bar on the top floor can provide that.

Staff were always friendly and helpful. Check-out was quick and easy and they happily stored our cases for the rest of the day until we went to the airport.

Anything bad? Well the coat-hangers were too wide for my wife's jacket... Also, you need to use your room key-card in the lift, if you're not paying attention someone else will press a button after your card-insertion and you will miss your floor! Really, the rudeness of some folk!

Overall I'd say very much recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple