“Enjoyable”

Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a nice meal at the Kimberley Road, TST site. Portions are large and thankfully when ordering the waiter stopped me and said "enough food!" which was really appreciated. We ordered the whole duck and only got the skin to eat with the pancakes which I'm told is standard in HK. The bill came to $558 and we had three beers and three dishes, along with some melon at the end which I think we were also charged for. When in HK again, I'd go back! The restuarant was busy with locals and they fitted us in straight away, no waiting.

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Connecticut
“Advance knowledge would have helped”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The concierge suggested this restaurant when I asked for authentic seafood. When I got there, the waiters presented me with a menu with English descriptions, and I ordered. Because of language issues, I did not learn until too late why the concierge had chosen this restaurant. When I was nearly finished with my meal, I discovered from watching another table that you could hand-select fresh fish and shellfish from the restaurant's outside fish stand and the kitchen would cook it up. Mystery solved.

Visited July 2012
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“I love this place!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have visited this place in Hankow Road, Kowloon on many occasions, the last being Mother's Day this year. The place was packed. We were the only Westerners there. We hadn't booked and we waited for about 15min. before being shown to our table. There were 7 of us at our table, 3 generations. The food was fantastic. The service was great. It is a little expensive but it is worth it. Spare the expense and order the butter lobster and garlic bread.....it is beautiful. After you have eaten the lobster you can wipe up the sauce with the garlic sauce...mmmm...I want some now!!!!

Visited May 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Still great for the nth time...”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Been going back to this restaurant everytime I visit HK (TST branch). Favorite dish is the Lobster in Cheese and Butter Sauce, and the Crayfish in Fried Garlic. Pretty consistent food quality. Better make a reservation as they're always full. A little bit on the expensive side, but nobody does the lobster dish like they do. Believe me, I've tried.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank WackyBoy
perth wa
“consistently great.”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

second and third visit. this time for dim sum first then dinner. the hargow at this restaurant is simply the best i have tasted. large juicy and bursting with brilliant sesame and prawn flavour. the shanghainese dumplings in chilli and sour sauce are terrific, spicy, meaty with a wonderful dippy sauce and little bundles of knotted noodles. the 'fish skulls' with dried scallions are delicate fish heads with intense ginger, garlic and scallion flavours. when we went for dinner we had steamed clams with black bean sauce, 17/20 scallops and broccoli showed a delicate touch with still crunchy vegetables and plump just cooked scallops. wonderful. tofu with vegetables were amazing. deep fried tofu can sometimes be a bit dry but these ones were incredibly silky. the vegetables cooked with them were mini bok choy and shittake mushrooms. asparagus with crab was maybe least successful. although good i thought the asparagus could have been cooked for just a minute or two more. the house wine (french) was unspeakably awful. apart from that we have always been impressed by the quality of this restaurant. the waiters dont speak good english but if you are patient enough they alway do their best to help. definately worth many visits. wish this was my local.

• Visited April 2012