StayForLong
Trip.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2011

On basis of a Lonely Planet recommendation, we had booked 3 nights at this hotel on arriving from UK. After a long tiring flight we arrived at the hotel only to realise immediately that, despite us having a wedge of confirmatory e-mails, there appeared to be a problem with our booking. The "friendly" (according to LP) Mr Chan was most evasive and asked us to wait while he sorted something out. After an hour of waiting and a non-appearance on Chan's part, we were still no nearer to either getting a room or having an explanation as to what the problem was. His wife during this period was positively rude. After an hour, I popped out to see what else might be available in the area but this proved to be difficult as conferences and exhibitions taking place in HK meant that short notice accommodation was at a premium - so we were stuck with Mr Chan. A further hour and a lot of hassle later, we finally got Mrs Chan to agree to providing a room - Mr Chan had disappeared totally from the scene. Although the incredibly rude Mrs Chan made an awful room available, it had to be for 3 nights at a total cost of HK$2500. We realised that this, in the light of their published room rates, was a total rip-off but, in the circumstances - hot, tired and burdened with luggage - we had no option but to accept. However, we were so disenchanted with the whole situation that we checked out the following day and moved to a much nicer and much cheaper hotel - there was no offer of a refund of the cost of the 2 nights unused accommodation. We accepted this"write-off" as we were so pleased to get out of the place. We feel that this was a deliberate rip-off on the Chan's part and that we needed to let Trip Advisor members know about this - we are writing also to Lonely Planet to ask them to review their recommendation of this hotel and also to the Hong Kong Tourist Board who have registered this hotel. So, please be warned.

Room tip: Don't rely on Lonely Planet - use Trip Adviser!
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank John G
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I ve stayed here several times, but always just for a night or two on the way to europe or to get a visa.The rooms are tiny, but clean, and safe. The location in Tsim Sha Tsui is good; but yes, nothing fancy. The rooms are spread out over different flats; some rooms even have an outside window, but most don t. But at 200 dollar a night, in hong kong that is cheap.
Big people with lot of luggage might not fit into some rooms.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank steven852
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I only went to Hong Kong to get a visa processed for Mainland China so it served my purposes, but I wouldn't recommend this play for longer term stay for rooms may be too small and uncomfortable.

The room was definitely clean. I stayed in a single room which was the smallest room I have ever slept in!!! But the upsides were: air conditioning, a television, and decent service.

There is a lady who speaks fluent English who can help with communicating with the folks who actually own the place.

Someone cleaned my room every day and everyone there was flexible.

I would definitely recommend this place for people who need a couple of nights and want to be in the middle of the center of Hong Kong.

Date of stay: August 2011
2  Thank espinalc
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We booked this hotel online, provided our credit card details and had a confirmation back from Mr Chan (Steve) who is the manager. The confirmation listed 200 HK$, buit when we show up after a looog flight. There are no rooms available and when Mr Chang is phoned he claims that the price is now 600HK$!!!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank S N
Reviewed January 7, 2011

All hotels in Hongkong were booked out and dues to last minute plans, I needed a place to stay. I booked through the lonely planet website. Bookigng was a breeze. Rates are low for hongkong (abt 300 hkd per day). The hotel is lousy - rooms are tiny like shoe boxes. The bathroom is really small - you may injure yourself trying to turn! Thank God it had hot water and free internet wifi in the room. there is a common comp at the entrance. Safety appears high - the owners family is always around, the alleyways connectign the 10 odd rooms were filled with luggage (I guess ppl keep their luggage out so there is some space inside the room!).

Mirador mansion is basically a residential building, but many floors have turned some rooms into "hotels".

The ground floor has all kinds of unsavoury characters. There is a police check up you need to pass through if entering the building after midnight - I am not sure if this made me feel safer or worried me more!

On the whole, unless you are REALLY cash strapped, avoid this hotel.

(Oh - surprise, my shoe box had a big window and no cockroaches!)

I do admit this place is very conveniently located - restaurants, barber shops, mtr, ferry, all were a stones throw away.31723893

Date of stay: May 2010