“good for price / quality in hong kong”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hong Kong
Man Hing Lung Hotel
Ranked #530 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
“good for price / quality in hong kong”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I ve stayed here several times, but always just for a night or two on the way to europe or to get a visa.The rooms are tiny, but clean, and safe. The location in Tsim Sha Tsui is good; but yes, nothing fancy. The rooms are spread out over different flats; some rooms even have an outside window, but most don t. But at 200 dollar a night, in hong kong that is cheap.
Big people with lot of luggage might not fit into some rooms.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank steven852

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Oaxaca, Mexico
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I only went to Hong Kong to get a visa processed for Mainland China so it served my purposes, but I wouldn't recommend this play for longer term stay for rooms may be too small and uncomfortable.

The room was definitely clean. I stayed in a single room which was the smallest room I have ever slept in!!! But the upsides were: air conditioning, a television, and decent service.

There is a lady who speaks fluent English who can help with communicating with the folks who actually own the place.

Someone cleaned my room every day and everyone there was flexible.

I would definitely recommend this place for people who need a couple of nights and want to be in the middle of the center of Hong Kong.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank espinalc
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We booked this hotel online, provided our credit card details and had a confirmation back from Mr Chan (Steve) who is the manager. The confirmation listed 200 HK$, buit when we show up after a looog flight. There are no rooms available and when Mr Chang is phoned he claims that the price is now 600HK$!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank S N

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

India
Reviewed January 6, 2011

All hotels in Hongkong were booked out and dues to last minute plans, I needed a place to stay. I booked through the lonely planet website. Bookigng was a breeze. Rates are low for hongkong (abt 300 hkd per day). The hotel is lousy - rooms are tiny like shoe boxes. The bathroom is really small - you may injure yourself trying to turn! Thank God it had hot water and free internet wifi in the room. there is a common comp at the entrance. Safety appears high - the owners family is always around, the alleyways connectign the 10 odd rooms were filled with luggage (I guess ppl keep their luggage out so there is some space inside the room!).

Mirador mansion is basically a residential building, but many floors have turned some rooms into "hotels".

The ground floor has all kinds of unsavoury characters. There is a police check up you need to pass through if entering the building after midnight - I am not sure if this made me feel safer or worried me more!

On the whole, unless you are REALLY cash strapped, avoid this hotel.

(Oh - surprise, my shoe box had a big window and no cockroaches!)

I do admit this place is very conveniently located - restaurants, barber shops, mtr, ferry, all were a stones throw away.31723893

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank JabberwockyIndia
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 15, 2010

There's no doubt about it, Man Hing Lung is a great hostel and travelers on a budget would definitely appreciate the low room rates. The room and the bathroom were clean, and they give fresh towels upon request. Also, the private bathroom is pretty decent for a hostel. Dont expect a five star room though. The typical HK hostel room is very small.

A warning: beware of the rude receptionist. When we got there, we were greeted by a cranky, disrespectful, discriminatory, and unaccommodating receptionist. She was rude, and most probably, if we didnt make a prior deposit/reservation, she would not have accommodated us. However, the real owners of Man Hing Lung were very nice when we rode with them at the elevator. Its probably just the female receptionist who was rude.

All in all, I would recommend staying here if you could get past the rude receptionist. If its any consolation, you would see her only during the first and last day of your stay in Hong Kong. However, the Mirador Mansion is not known for its very secure rooms. So before you leave your hostel, be sure to lock your doors.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank suzy100804
Mandaue, Philippines
Reviewed June 22, 2010

My family had a great time staying in man hing lung hotel located in mirador mansion which has tight security and fairly clean. We met a wonderful chinese owner named inti and her son in law..they are very accomodating and helpful during our stay.they have cheaper rooms compared to other famous hotell and hostels in mirador mansion.we thank them for being so personal in helping us when we needed it most..INTI! thanks so much and your son In law,you know you are our savior!.we also met lourdes, filipina cook staying with them for 6 years and testified when we asked her that her employers are good in character.for pinoys and others who are looking for a good stay in hongkong try this hostel!they have as low as 200hk and up room rate accomodations depending on your comfort and budget…
best regards to our new friend inti! thanks for everything! we will definitely recommend and we will stay again in your place!see you !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family